Dr Jitendra Singh awards Certificates of Appreciation to the Ministries/Departments for their performance in CPGRAMS
The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh awarded the Certificates of Appreciation to the Ministries/Departments based on their performance in the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS), here today.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Jitendra Singh said that the number of grievances received have increased in the last two years. It is an indication of increasing faith of the citizens in the grievance redressal mechanism, he added. He also said that he himself and the senior officers of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) have been personally calling the citizens whose grievances have been redressed. These calls are made at random to the citizens to take feedback from them and to ascertain their satisfaction level.
The following Ministries/ Departments have been awarded:
From each category one Ministry/Department is selected for issue of Certificate of Appreciation based on the parameters of percentage of disposal and quality of disposal. A three member Committee evaluates the performance for each quarter.
The CPGRAMS is an online web enabled application to facilitate speedy redress of public grievances as it allows for online lodging and status tracking of grievances by the citizens. The system is flexible enough to be extended to multiple levels as per the requirement of concerned Ministry/Department/ Govt. Organization for speedy forwarding and redress of grievance. There has been a five-fold jump in Public Grievances to 10 lakh complaints in 2015-16 over previous year. With continuous monitoring a record disposal of 95% has been achieved.
For greater motivation towards redress of public grievances and also for introducing a sense of competiveness among the nodal officers for public grievances belonging to different Ministries/Departments, a decision was taken to issue Certificate of Appreciation to the best Ministries/Departments based on their performance with reference to the percentage of disposal and the quality of disposal of public grievances in the defined three categories for each quarter.
The aim of the Government is to have minimum Government and maximum Governance with citizen centric approach. Accordingly, an attempt to put in place a mechanism to make all grievances count is by encouraging all Ministries/ Departments to view public grievances with utmost importance and give effective and speedy redress. Award Scheme is expected to bring a sense of competitiveness in Ministries/ Departments to address public grievances.
Shri C. Viswanath, Secretary, DARPG, Smt. Usha Sharma, Additional Secretary, DARPG and other senior officers of the Department were also present on the occasion.
Related to Your Search:
- Dr Jitendra Singh gives away awards to various Ministries/Departments for meritorious performance in handling Public Grievances on PG portal
- Mobile app for Public Grievances portal launched by Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Dr Jitendra Singh to present Certificates of Appreciation to 9 ministries/departments for implementation of e-Office tomorrow
- Redresasal of Public Grievances & CPGRAMS
- FAQ on Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government of India
- Dr Jitendra Singh launches the telephonic feedback system for grievance redressal
- Grievance Officer to take up public complaints every Wednesday
- To Fix timeline for redressal of grievances – Web based Pensioner’s Portal
- Streamlining Action on Pension grievances-uploading of replies given by the Ministries/Departments to the petitioner on CPENGRAMS