Dopt Orders – Relaxation in eligibility condition for Combined Section Officers/PS Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination-2012 & 2013
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Dethi-110003.
Date: 22nd November, 2013
Whereas the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service Private Secretary Grade (Limited Departmental Competitive Examination) Regulations, 2010 provide that for being eligible to appear in the Private Secretary Grade (Limited Departmental Competitive Examination) any regular Personal Assistant of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service (CSSS) possessing a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University, on the crucial date, inter-alia, should satisfy the following condition :-
He/She should have rendered not less than three years’ of approved and continuous service in the grade.
Provided that if he/she had been appointed to the Personal Assistant of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service on the results of the competitive examination, including a Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, such an examination should have been held not Less than three years before the crucial date and he/she should have rendered not less than two years approved and continuous service in that grade.
2. And whereas, in pursuance to the notice for the Combined Section Officers/Stenographers’ (Grade- B/Grade-I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) 2012 & 2013, representations from PAs of CSSS appointed to the grade through LDCE mode were received in this Department seeking relaxation in the eligibility criteria to appear in the Private Secretary Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2012 and 2013.
3. And whereas, on examination of the representations it was observed that the LDC Examination 2009 and 2010 for promotion to the grade of PAs were conducted by the Staff Selection Commission on 5th July, 2009 and 4th July, 2010 respectively. The crucial date for counting of three years of length of service for eligibility criterion for PS Grade LDCE, 2012 and 2013 being 1st JuLy, 2012 and 1st July, 2013 respectively, the PAs appointed through LDCE mode on the basis of the said examinations are thus not eligible for appearing in the PS Grade LDCE 2012 and 2013.
4. And whereas, it was further observed that the PAs appointed to the Grade through Seniority Quota for SL Years 2009 and 2010 are eligible as per the provision for appearing in the PS grade LDC Examination 2012 and 2013 whereas the PAs of 2009 and 2010 appointed through LDCE mode do not fulfill the said eligibility criteria despite some of them being placed higher in the ranking in the Select Lists, 2009 and 2010 of PA Grade. It was noted that the said provision in eligibility criterion of the said examination unduly places the PAs who have been appointed as regular PAs through the mode of LDC Examination of 2009 and 2010 at disadvantage.
5. And Now, therefore, it has been decided in consultation with the UPSC, as provided under Rute 23 of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service Rules 2010, to give one time relaxation in the condition relating to the eligibility criterion of regular Personal Assistants appointed through LDCE, contained in the Regulation 4 (i) of Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service Private Secretary Grade (Limited Departmental Competitive Examination) Regulation, 2010, for appearing in the Private Secretary Grade LDCE, 2012 and 2013 of CSSS. Consequently regular PAs of CSSS appointed through the results of LDCE for the years 2009 and 2010 will be eligible to appear in the Combined Section Officers/Stenographers’ (Grade-B/Grade-I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2012 & 2013 (Category —IV, PS Grade of CSSS) respectively to be conducted by UPSC.
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation in the eligibility criteria for appearing in the Combined SO/PS Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) for Private Secretary (PS) grade of CSSS- representations regarding
- Relaxation of requirement of 4 APARs for Section Officer LDCE 2012 & 2013
- Vacant Posts in CSSS
- Dopt Orders – Combined Section Officers’/Stenographers’(Gr.B/Gr.I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2009,2010 & 2011- allocation of qualified candidates- regarding.
- Eligibility for LDCE for the post of Supervisor (NT) in Ordnance Factories
- Proposed model for promotion of Master Craftsman and Chargeman in Defence Ordnance Establishments
- Combined Section Officers’/Stenographers’ (Gr. ‘B’/Gr.I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2012 and 2013.
- Dopt Orders – Stenographer Grade ‘C’(PA) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2011- allocation of candidates – reg
- Dopt Orders – Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 201