DoPT orders 2019
Guidelines of suo motu disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 7th November, 2019
Sub: Implementation of suo motu disclosure under Section 4 of Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005 – Issue of guidelines regarding
The suo motu disclosure of information to public is mandated under Section 4 (2) of the RTI Act, 2005, so that the public have to resort minimally to the use of this Act to obtain information. Section 4(1)(b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 lays down the information which should be disclosed by Public Authorities on a suo motu or proactive basis. Section 4(3) prescribes for wide dissemination of every information, in such form and manner which is easily accessible to the public.
Also check: Latest DoPT Orders 2019
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 15th April, 2013 and to reiterate the guidelines therein (Copy enclosed), duly incorporating a slight revision to Para 4.4 of the above guidelines allowing for third party audit by any Government Training Institute, in cases where no Training Institute exists under the concerned Ministry/Department/Public Authority.
Central Government Ministries/Departments are advised to undertake suo motu disclosure based on these guidelines, in compliance to Sections 4(1)(b) read with Section 4(2), 4(3) and 4(4) of the RTl Act, 2005
The enclosed guidelines may be brought to the notice of all Public Authorities under the Ministry / Department including those in their Attached Offices, Subordinate Offices, Constitutional Bodies, Statutory Bodies, Autonomous Organizations and Public Sector Undertakings.
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt Orders – Implementation of suo motu disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005 – Compliance of Section 4 of the RTI Act, 2005
- Guidelines on implementation of suo-motu disclosure under Section 4 of RT1 Act, 2005 — Compliance of.
- Duplicity requests on RTI – Dopt advised to upload most often requests on the websites of all Departments
- Suo motu disclosure on official tours of Ministers and other officials
- Disclosure of information under RTI
- DOPT: Abide by with Section 4 of the Right to Information (RTI) Act
- Dopt Orders – Disclosure of personal information under the RTI Act, 2005
- Most of central government department websites lack transparency: CIC audit
- Personal information under RTI Act