DoPT Order: Half Day Holiday on 17th August, 2018 – Demise of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Former Prime Minister of India
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 16th August, 2018
Subject: Half Day Holiday on 17th August, 2018 – Demise of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Former Prime Minister of India.
It has been decided that there will be half-day holiday in the afternoon of 17th August, 2018 in all Central Government Offices and CPSUs throughout the country to enable the people to attend the State Funeral which will take place at ‘Smriti Sthal‘, New Delhi/ Pay homage to former Prime Minister Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
2. All Ministries/Departments may bring the above decision to the notice of all concerned.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- 7 day State Mourning to be observed in memory of former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- From birth to death certificates, one-page form soon for all government services
- Closing of Northern Railway offices and all Railway establishments located in Delhi
- Soon, a 75% hike in monthly pension for ex-mps- Will the govt. adopt similar attitude to revise Pension of C.G & State Govt pensioners?
- PM greets the people on the occasion of various festivals across India
- Cabinet condoles the demise of Dr. M. Karunanidhi, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamilnadu Government Declares Public Holiday on 30.7.2015 Over APJ Abdul Kalam’s demise
- No public holiday on International Yoga Day; yoga voluntary for govt employees
- Change of date of holiday on account of Id-u-Zuha (Bakrid) during 2018 for all Central Government administrative offices