DoPT attendance circular
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 6th May, 2021
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Attendance of Central Government officials regarding.
In partial modification of this Department’s OM of even number dated the 3rd May, 2021 on the above-mentioned subject, it has been decided as under :-
- (i) Secretaries of the Ministries/Departments and Heads of Department of Attached & Subordinate Offices are mandated to regulate the attendance of its employees, at all levels, keeping in view the COVID positive cases in the office and the functional requirement.
- (ii) Persons with Disabilities and Pregnant Women employees may be exempted from attending office, but they shall continue to work from home.
- (iii) The officers/staff shall follow staggered timings to avoid over-crowding in offices / workplaces as decided by the Heads of Department.
- (iv) All officers/staff residing in the containment zone shall be exempted from coming to offices till the containment zone is de-notified. These officers/staff who are residing in the Containment Zone shall work from home and shall be available on telephone and electronic means of communications at all times.
- (v) All officials who attend office shall strictly follow Covid-appropriate behaviour including wearing of mask, physical distancing, use of sanitizer and frequent hand-washing with soap and water.
- (vi) Crowding in lifts, staircases , corridors, common areas, including refreshment kiosk and parking areas is to be strictly voided.
- (vii) Meetings, as far as possible, may continue to be conducted with video-conferencing and personal meetings with visitors, unless absolutely necessary in public interest, are to be avoided.
- (viii) In compliance of OM of even number dated 22.4.2021, all employees of the age of 18 years and above, are advised to get themselves vaccinated.
- (ix) Proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of workplace, particularly of the frequently touched surfaces, may be ensured.
- (x) Biometric attendance shall continue to be suspended until further orders.
- The above instructions shall be in force with immediate effect till 31st May, 2021 or until further orders, whichever earlier.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India