Performance Appraisal Reports
F. No. 25-4/2013 -SPG (Vol-II)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
All Heads of Circles
Director, RAKNPA, Ghaziabad
Chief General Manager, CEPT, Mysore
Subject: Dealing of APAR Representations received in SPARROW Portal
Respected Madam/ Sir,
This is with reference to the online filing of Performance Appraisal Reports (PARs) for all Group ‘A’ IPoS officers of the Department of Posts in the SPARROW Portal.
2. In this regard, it is to say that the Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) portal has been made live from 16th July 2020 for filling of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR). All Group ‘A’ IPoS officers of Department of Posts except those who are on Deputation have started to fill online PAR through SPARROW portal for the assessment year i.e. 2019-20.
3. Many Circles have inquired about the procedure to be followed for dealing with representations submitted by officers regarding grading / entries in their APARs recorded in SPARROW, subsequent to disclosure of the same to them. It is to inform you that the process of dealing with such representations will be the same as was being followed earlier for physical APARs prior to the launch of SPARROW. The following procedure will be followed.
- a. State Custodian will take a printout of the representation and send it to Director (Staff), Postal Directorate for further examination for a decision by the Competent Authority.
- b. After the final decision of the Competent Authority is obtained, the whole APAR with the decision of the Competent Authority will be migrated to SPARROW by CS to Member (P).
- c. As regards officers posted in Postal Directorate, attached Directorates and RAKNPA, Ghaziabad, it will be the responsibility of CS to Member (P) to take a printout and forward it to Director (Staff).
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority .
Assistant Director General (SPG)