Amendment to Rule 153 of General Finance Rules GFR 2017
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Procurement Policy Division (PPD)
512, Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi.
Dated the 17th February, 2020
Subject: Amendment to Rule 153 of General Financial Rules (GFR), 2017.
It has been decided to partially amend Rule 153 of GFR regarding Reserved Items and other Purchase / Price Preference Policy as under:
1. Existing provision of Rule 153 of GFR, 2017
The Central Government through administrative instructions, has reserved all items of hand spun and hand-woven textiles (khadi goods) for exclusive purchase from Khadi Village Industries Commission (KVIC). It has also reserved all items of handloom textiles required by Central Government departments for exclusive purchase from KVIC and / or the notified hand loom units of Association of Corporations and Apex societies of handlooms (ACASH).
Amended Rule The Central Government, through administrative instructions, has reserved all items of hand spun and hand-woven textiles (khadi goods) for exclusive purchase from Khadi Village Industries commission (KVIC) Of all items of textiles required by Central Government departments, it shall be mandatory to make procurement of at least 20% from amongst items of handloom origin, for exclusive purchase from KVIC and / or Handloom Clusters such as Co-Operative Societies, Self Help Group (SHG) Federations, Joint Liability Group (JLG), Producer Companies (PC), Corporations etc. including Weavers having Pehchan Cards.
2. This OM is also available on our website www.doe.gov.in -> Notification -> Circular –> Procurement Policy OM. Hindi version of this OM will follow.
(Kotluru Narayana Reddy)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
(i) Secretaries to All Central Government Ministries / Departments
(ii) Financial Advisors of All Central Government Ministries / Departments
Related to Your Search:
- Ministry of Health instructs all hospitals to buy only Khadi products
- Bihar government mulling to make wearing khadi mandatory for government employees
- Amendment to the Rule 152 of General Financial Rule, 2017
- 7th Central Pay Commission to the pensioners/family pensioners of Autonomous Bodies / Statutory Bodies
- Clarification on the topic of GST rate on hand sanitizers dependent on alcohol – PIB
- Department of Posts: New Dress for Postmen/MTS launched by Shri Manoj Sinha
- DoE: Amendments in General Financial Rules (GFR) 2017
- Vacant Posts in PSUs
- DoE: Manual for procurement of Goods, 2017 and Manual for Procurement of Consultancy other Services, 2017