Discrimination in Structure of Military Service Pay – Defence Minister Reply
Military Service Pay is paid as a compensation to the Armed Forces personnel as a recognition for the intangible aspects linked to the special conditions of their service.
Defence Minister has clarified about Military Service Pay (MSP) is being paid to the Armed Forces Personnel w.e.f. 1st September, 2008.
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Discrimination in Structure of Giving MSP
Military Service Pay (MSP) is being paid to the Armed Forces Personnel w.e.f. 1st September, 2008. It is a compensation paid to the Armed Forces personnel as a recognition for the intangible aspects linked to the special conditions of their service. On recommendation of 6th Central Pay Commission, MSP was introduced for the first time in respect of Armed Forces.
The MSP being paid to Armed Forces Personnel is in two slabs:-
(i) For Officers – Rs.6,000 per month
(ii) For JCOs/OR – Rs.2,000 per month.
However, Government has separately provided a number of allowances based on risks and hardships involved at a location / in an operation, such as High Altitude Allowances, Field Area / Modified Area Allowances, Counter Insurgency Allowance etc.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Mahendra Singh Mahra in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Facilities to Defence Personnel
- 7th Central Pay Commission Special hearing for Defence Forces
- Reviewing Pay and Allowances of Armed Forces Personnel
- Demand on Higher Military Service Pay (MSP) – Parliament Q&A MILITARY SERVICE PAY
- Granting of Para Military Service Pay (PMSP) to Central Armed Police Force personnel at par with Army personnel
- Para Military Service Pay to Central Armed Police Force at par with Army has been referred to the 7th Pay Commission
- Pay Parity between Military and Civilian Personnel
- First separate pay commission for Indian military: NDTV News
- 7th pay commission ready to be implemented but Armymen, veterans not enthused