Discontinuation of Direct Recruitment to the posts of Senior Section Engineers – Railway Board Order
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 166/2018
New Delhi, Dated: 25.10.2018
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways/PUs,
Sub:- Discontinuation of Direct Recruitment to the posts of Senior Section Engineers (SSEs).
Attention is invited to Board’s letter No. E(NG)I/2008/PM1/15 dated 03.09.2009 which inter alia lays down that 20% of the vacancies in Group ‘C’ posts of Senior Section Engineer(SSE) in Civil Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Signal & Telecom and Track Machine Organization (TMO) Departments will be filled by direct recruitment.
This provision of direct recruitment in the post of SSEs has since been reviewed by Board. It has been decided to provisionally discontinue direct recruitment in the post of SSEs. This decision will be reviewed after one year. Therefore, all direct recruitment in all technical supervisory categories for the present be only in the post of Junior Engineers (JEs). Vacancies of SSEs may accordingly be added to those of Junior Engineers (JEs) for the purpose of direct recruitment.
Please acknowledge receipt.
New Delhi, Dated 25.10.2018
Source : indianrailways.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- New Systems of Recruitment in Railways
- Railway Recruitment : Ministry of Railways announces recruitment for 13487 posts
- Railways to rationalise staff strength
- Grave Injustice done by successive Pay Commissions to the category of Junior Engineers and Senior Engineers in Railways – NFIR
- Indian Railways begins On-Line Recruitment Examination
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) – Railway Vacancies 2014 – Recruitment for 6119 vacancies
- Educational qualification for recruitment to Group ‘C’ posts in S&T Departments on the Railways
- Employment News : Vacancies in Clerical Cadre – Direct Recruitment quota
- RAILWAYS: Change of Nomenclature of the posts of Senior Translator & Junior Translator