7th CPC Railway Orders – Discontinuance of Family Planning Allowance for adoption of small family norms
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 77/2017
New Delhi, dated 28/07/2017
The General Managers
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Subject:- Discontinuance of Family Planning Allowance for adoption of small family norms recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission
Please refer to Board’s letter No. PC-V/2008A/O/2(FPA) dated 14.10.2008 (RBE No. 151/2008) regarding the existing rates of Family Planning Allowance (FPA) admissible to Railway employees and as provided for in para 9 of the Schedule for RS (RP) Rules, 2016, dt.02.08.2016 (RBE No. 93/2016), the matter regarding allowances (except Dearness Allowance) based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission were to be notified subsequently and separately. Until then, all allowances were required to be paid at the existing rates in the exisiting pay structure (the pay structure based on 6th Pay Commission) as if the pay has not been revised w.e.f. 1st January 2016. Accordingly, FPA was also required to be paid at the existing rates specified in the aforesaid Board’s letter dated 14.10.2008.
2. The decisions of the Government on various allowance based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission and in the light of the recommendations of the Committee under the Chairmanship of the Finance Secretary) constituted for this purpose, have since been notified. The recommendation of the 7th Central Pay commission to abolish Family Planning Allowance has been accepted and this decision is effective from 1st July 2017. Accordingly, Family Planning Allowance as admissible higherto, shall ceast to exist in all cases.
3. These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017 and hence Family Planning Allowance shall stand discontined w.e.f. 1st July, 2017.
4. This issues with the occurence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. Hindi version is enclosed.
(Authority : MoF’s OM No. 12(4)/2016-EIII.A, dt 7th July, 2017)
Dy, Director Pay Commission-V
Source : NFIR
Related to Your Search:
- Discontinuance of Family Planning Allowance for adoption of small family norms – recommendation of the 7th Central pay Commission
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- Doing away with allowances under 7th CPC : Central Government employees will not get Family Planning Allowances
- 7th CPC Allowances: Haircutting Allowance and Soap Toilet Allowance admissible to PBOR
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Grant of Non-Practising Allowance (NPA) at revised rates to IRMS Officers
- Revision of rates of Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) in respect of Veterinary posts on the basis of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission
- Illegal withdrawal of Family Planning Allowance withdrawal of orders urged
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Resolution on Allowances, Dated 6th July, 2017
- Revision of rates of Allowances -extension of Government decisions on the recommendations the 7th Central Pay Commission in respect of employees of Quasi Government Organizations, Autonomous Organizations, Statutory Bodies set-up by and funded/controlled by the Central Government