Disclosure of information under RTI
As per guidelines dated 15.04.2015 issued by the Government of India, the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India and other Public Authorities are proactively working towards suo-motu disclosure of information on their websites so as to reduce the need for filing RTI applications.
As per the Annual Report of the Central Information Commission (CIC), 75.27% of the Public Authorities have filed their Annual Returns to the CIC for 2014-15, which is higher than the figure of 72.54 % for 2013-14, indicating an improved compliance over the previous year.
With a view to maximize suo-motu disclosure by public authorities, Government has issued guidelines to all the Ministries/Departments of Govt. of India on 15.4.2013. Government has further issued O.M. dated 29.06.2015 ensuring compliance to the recommended measures for strengthening implementation of Section 4 of RTI Act, by all public authorities. Another O.M. dated 9.7.2015 has been issued for appointment of a nodal officer of the rank of Joint Secretary for implementation of Section 4 of RTI Act.
The CIC has provided web based software known as RTI Annual Return Information System for uploading annual return online at URL http://rtiaar.nic/rtiar09/login.asp.
The CIC has, from time to time, issued letters to various defaulting Public Authorities for submission of quarterly returns.
This was stated by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri A. W. Rabi Bernard in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt Orders – Implementation of suo motu disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005 – Compliance of Section 4 of the RTI Act, 2005
- Guidelines on implementation of suo-motu disclosure under Section 4 of RT1 Act, 2005 — Compliance of.
- DoPT orders 2019 – Guidelines of suo motu disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005
- Duplicity requests on RTI – Dopt advised to upload most often requests on the websites of all Departments
- Suo motu disclosure on official tours of Ministers and other officials
- DOPT: Abide by with Section 4 of the Right to Information (RTI) Act
- Declaration of assets filing of Returns by public servants on or before 15.4.2016
- Last date for submission of annual returns on or before 15.10.2015 – Dopt Notification on 3.7.2015
- Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014