Disciplinary action may be taken against Central Government Employees who are habitual late attendance – Dopt Orders on 22.6.2015
Dopt once again issued orders on the subject of punctuality in Government Offices. The order is directed to take disciplinary action against Central Government employees who are habitual late attendance.
Observance of punctuality in Government Offices – Dopt Orders
G.I., Dept. of Per.& Trg., O.M.No.11013/9/2014-Estt.A-III, dated 22.6.2015
Subject: Observance of punctuality in Government Offices.
Instructions have been issued from time to time with regard to the need to observe punctuality by Government servants. Responsibility for ensuring punctuality in respect of their employees rests within Ministries/ Departments/ Offices.
2. The decision to introduce AADHAR enabled Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) in Central Government offices, including attached/ sub-ordinate offices, to replace the manual system of marking of attendance to ensure punctuality is to be implemented in all Ministries/ Departments. This Department vide O.M. of even no. dated 21.11.2014 and 28.01.2015, while recognizing that the Biometric Attendance System is only an enabling platform had, inter-alia, stated that there was no change in the instructions relating to office hours, late attendance etc.
3. In this connection attention is invited to Rule 3(1)(ii) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 which stipulates that every Government servant shall at all times maintain devotion to duty. Habitual late attendance is viewed as conduct unbecoming of a Government servant and disciplinary action may be taken against such a Government servant. It is also added that punctuality in attendance is to be observed by Government servants at all levels.
4. It is also requested that the necessary directions may be issued to all employees to mark their attendance in BAS portal on regular basis.
Related to Your Search:
- No more late Latifs for central government employees
- DOPT: Government Stresses on Punctuality
- Aadhar enabled bio-metric attendance system – Early leaving is also to be treated as late coming…
- Aadhar Based Bio-Metric Attendance System for all Central Government Employees before 26.1.2015
- AADHAR enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System – Dopt Notification on 28.1.2015
- Aadhar enabled Biometric Attendance System for marking attendance
- Aadhar Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) for punctuality in Military Engineer Services
- Modimetrics raises efficiency of Central government employees
- CGDA – Bio-metric Attendance System (BAS) for punctuality in Defense Accounts Department