Disability Pension for soldiers during the 6th CPC and under the 7th CPC: Details given in Lok Sabha
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 544
ANSWERED ON: 18.11.2016
Disability Pension of Soldiers
PREM SINGH CHANDUMAJRA
Will the Minister of
DEFENCE be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the Government has decreased / reviewed the disability pay / pension of soldiers and war veterans;
(b) if so, the details thereof along with the disability pay-scale for soldiers during the Sixth Central Pay Commission and under the Seventh Central Pay Commission;
(c) whether the Government proposes to abolish percentage based disability pension regime and restore the earlier slab based system and if so, the details thereof;
(d) whether there is no separate category for disability pension due to war injury and if so, the details thereof; and
(e) whether there has been anomalies in determining the disability pension for defence personnel under the Seventh Central Pay Commission and if so, the details thereof and corrective measures taken in this regard?
MINISTER OF STATE (DR. SUBHASH BHAMRE) IN THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(a) to (e): Disability element of disability pension is payable for disability in other than war or war like situation whereas war injury element is payable for disability in war or war like situation. With effect from 01.01.2006, the disability element is paid based on 30% of last emoluments drawn for 100% disability which is reduced pro-rata for lower percentages of disability.
The war injury element is paid at 60% and 100% of last drawn emoluments for 100% disability for discharged and invalided out pensioners respectively, which is reduced pro-rata for lower percentages of disability. The service element / service pension is paid in addition to Disability / War injury element.
7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) has recommended slab system for disability element for Defence Forces Personnel. However, for civil side, the 6th CPC dispensation of calculation of disability element on percentage basis continues which has resulted in an anomalous situation. The issue has accordingly been referred to the Anomaly Committee.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC recommended Disability Pension – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Disability Pension for Soldiers
- Clarification on implementation of 7th Central Pay commission (CPC)
- Disability pension to the lower ranks/sepoy in the military
- Reduction in Disability Pension for Soldiers
- 7th CPC: Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for pre-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners
- Enhancement of the Rate of Disability Pension : 7th CPC Report
- 7th Central Pay Commission: Resolving Anomalies in Disability Pension
- Disability pension and compensation to ex servicemen and cadets