Digitisation of Government Functioning
National Informatics Centre (NIC) has developed work flow based application software for visitor management at any office known as eVisitor. It is a web based solution hosted at the NIC data centre and can be accessed / adopted by any Government office just by providing necessary master data for on-boarding.
Government has taken initiative to digitize Government files and documents for its easy accessibility. NIC is providing technical support and consultancy on digitization of files and documents to the various Ministries / departments. Government has conceived Mission Mode Project (MMPs) under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) to improve service delivery system in the Central /State Government Ministries / Departments. The responsibility of provisioning of funds and digitization of file and documents rests with the concerned Ministry/Department/Organization.
NIC has also developed and implemented eOffice application. The eOffice application aims to support governance by ushering in more effective and transparent inter and intra-government processes. eOffice is Mission Mode Project under the National E-Governance Plan.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in Prime Minister’s office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Ramesh Chander Kaushik in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Dr Jitendra Singh to present Certificates of Appreciation to 9 ministries/departments for implementation of e-Office tomorrow
- Central Government Offices to go for Paperless Office
- Economy in Use of Paper in Government Offices
- Interactive Awareness Workshop Under Pensioners’ Portal
- Awareness Programme Under Pensioners Portal
- Awareness Programme Under Pensioner’s Portal
- Punjab Government to switch over E-office in government departments
- Awareness Programme under Pensioner’s portal at Jammu
- Modernization of government offices