Jeevan Pramaan: Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners
Pension is an essential source of income after retirement for senior citizens. It supports them financially during emergency and helps them look after their needs at this stage of life. One of the main requisites for the pensioners post their retirement, was to provide life certificates to the authorised pension disbursing agencies like the bank, following which their pension got credited to their account.
For obtaining a life certificate, a pensioner earlier needed to present himself/herself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or had the life certificate issued by authority where they served and had it delivered to the disbursing agency. This very requirement of personally being present in front of disbursing agency or getting a life certificate often became a major hurdle in the process of seamless transfer of pension amount to the pensioner. It was noted that it causes a lot of hardship and unnecessary inconvenience particularly for the aged and infirm pensioners who cannot always be in a position to present them in front of the particular authority to secure their life certificate. In addition to this a lot of government employees post their retirement choose to move to different location either to be with their family or other reasons, hence causing a huge logistical issue when it comes to accessing their justifyful pension amount.
Digital Life Certificate – External website that opens in a new window for Pensioners scheme of the Government of India known as Jeevan Pramaan – External website that opens in a new window seeks to ease this very problem by digitizing the whole process of securing the life certificate. It aims to streamline the process of getting this certificate and making it hassle free and much easier for the pensioners. With this initiative the pensioners requirement to physically present himself or herself in front of disbursing agency or the certification authority will become a thing of the past benefiting the pensioners in a huge way and cutting down on unnecessary logistical hurdles.
Jeevan Pramaan – External website that opens in a new window is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility.
Related to Your Search:
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners from Jeevan Pramaan website
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- EPFO leverages CSC network to conduct Jeevan Pramaan for pensioners
- FAQ for Pensioners Regarding Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
- CPAO – Submission of Life Certificate by NPS-AR pensioner through Jeevan Pramaan
- “Jeevan Pramaan” – an “Aadhar-based Digital Life Certificate” for pensioners
- EPFO to allow EPS pensioners to submit their Digital Pramaan Patra at any time during the year as per their convenience – PIB
- Central Government pensioners need not visit office of Pension department or pension disbursing agency for submission of Life Certificate
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO