Deputation/Foreign Service of Officers of CSS – DoPT
Government of India
Ministry at Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
CS-I (A) Section
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 13th April, 2018
Subject: Deputation/Foreign service of officers of CSS – Revised instructions regarding
Reference is invited to this 0.M. No.2/2/2010-CS-I() dated 18.08.2010 on the subject noted above.
2. In respect of deputation by a CSS officer, para 2.2 of this Department’s 0.M. dated 18.08.2010 states as under:
“A CSS officer shall eligible for Deputation/Foreign service to any post in Central or State Government, Central/State Government organizations/Government of UTs/Government of UTs organizations/Autonomous bodies/Trusts, Societies, PSUs etc., only after he/she has completed 9 years of Service and is clear from the vigilance angle. The 9 years of service clause, however, will not apply to posting in the personal staff of Ministries.
3. It is reiterated that above clause is still in force and all the Ministries/Departments are, therefore, requested to take note of the above clause while forwarding the application of CSS officers for deputation posts.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Cadre clearance and extension of tenure of foreign assignments of officers of the Organized Gp. ‘A’ & Gp. ‘B’ Services of the Government of India with the international organizations
- Extension of tenure of officers working as CVO in CPSEs and other organizations under Ministries/Departments beyond 5 years and upto 7 years
- Bureaucrats on central deputation abroad and within the country will not get deputation allowance beyond five years of such tenure
- Extension of Deputation Tenure up to seven years
- Transfer on deputation/foreign service of Central Government Employees to ex-cadre posts under the State Governments/ Union Territories or to any entity controlled by and located in the States /UTs – relaxation of para 8.5 of O.M. dated 17.6.2010
- Filling up of the post of First Secretary (Legal), Permanent Mission of India (PMI), WTO, Geneva for a period of three years
- Grant of leave to officers belonging to All India Services on completion of their tenures of Inter-cadre deputation
- Filling up of the post of Senior Adviser to Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington D.C. (JS level), under the Department of Economic Affairs
- Central Government Officers Foreign Trips Cost Rs 1,500 Crore In Past 3 Years