Department of Posts: Regarding premature closure of RD/TD/MIS accounts
No: – 8-01/2016-Inv.
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110 001,
Dated: 11 April, 2019.
All Heads of Circles/All Heads of Regions
Sub: Regarding premature closure of RD/TD/MIS accounts.
I am directed to convey the observation of competent authority made during a recent review meeting of Loss & Fraud cases held in Directorate on 27.03.2019. In some of the fraud cases committed in the past the modus operandi adopted was premature closure of RD/MIS/TO accounts without the knowledge of the depositors by making payment to agents or by crediting the amount to fake POSB accounts. Therefore, the competent authority has desired that premature closure of RD/TD/MIS and others scheme may be allowed only if depositors are personally present. You are therefore requested to issue necessary instructions to all concerned to ensure this.
Related to Your Search:
- Department of Posts: Mandatory use opening of Savings Account in CBS Post Offices
- Postal Orders : Deduction of TDS at the time payment of quarterly interest from SCSS accounts, withdrawal from NSS-87 accounts, Payment of Commission to Agents and issue of TDS Certificate in Form I6A
- Payment of Salary and other Personal Payments, Salary by Cash on optional basis or through Cheque / Electronically through Bank – instructions
- Payment of Wages by cheque or crediting to bank accounts
- Pension payment for the month of March 2015 through POSB functioning under CBS: NFPE writes to DoP
- Department of Posts – Grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees
- Finance Ministry reduces penalty for customs duty fraud by 10%
- Payment of interest and maturity value of Small Savings Instruments through Savings Account
- Government of India makes Amendments in Small Savings Act