Department of Posts – Merging the Postmasters Cadre with the General Line Cadre
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated: 10th July, 2019
In supersession of Postal Directorate Order No. 13-2/2010-PE-I dated 03.02.2010 & 25.11.2010, it has been decided with the approval of the Competent Authority to merge the Postmasters Cadre with the General Line Cadre with the following number of posts and designate them as per details given below: –
|S. No.||Existing Cadre (No. of Posts)||Merged with||Revised Strength After Merger|
|1||Postmaster Grade-III (495)||Higher Selection Grade-I (HSG-I)/Level-7||HSG-I = 2618 (2123 + 495)|
|2||Postmaster Grade-II (511)||Higher Selection Grade-II(HSG-II)/Level-6||HSG-II = 9090 (8579 + 511)|
|3||Postmaster Grade-I (2097)||Lower Selection Grade (LSG)/Level – 5||LSG = 28591 (26494 + 2097)|
2. As per the Directorate Order No. 13-2/2010-PE-I dated 03.02.2010, it was stipulated that 116 posts of PS Group ‘B’ will be deemed to have been designated as Senior Postmaster with effect from the dates they are filled up. However, the posts of Senior Postmaster in the Postmaster Cadre were not operated/filled up as per the provisions of the Department of Posts, Senior Postmaster (Group B Gazetted), Postmaster (Grade III and II – Group B non-Gazetted) and Postmaster (Grade I – Group C non-Gazetted) Recruitment Rules, 2010. Hence, these posts of Senior Postmasters in the Postmaster Cadre did not come into existence. Therefore, 116 posts of PS Group ‘B’ intended to be operated as Senior Postmaster will continue to be in the sanctioned strength of PS Group ‘B’, i.e. 866.
3. Instructions for merger of identified Postmaster Grade POs with other POs shall be issued separately in due course of time.
4. The guidelines/instructions for preparation of inter-se seniority list of LSG including Postmaster Grade-I officials, HSG-II including Postmaster Grade-II officials and HSG-I including Postmaster Grade-III officials and posting of officials currently holding the posts of Postmasters Cadre shall be issued by Personnel Division separately.
Dy. Director General (Estt.)
Tele: 011-2304 4718
Related to Your Search:
- Merger of Postmaster Cadre (Grade-I, II & III) with General Line (LSG, HSG-II & HSG-I)
- Cadre Restructuring Proposal for Group-C Cleared by MOC & IT
- Cadre Review of Post & Telegraphs Building Works Service Group A: DoT
- DoP – Post Office Saving Schemes including Certificates – DOP (SB ORDER NO. 05/2019)
- CADRE REVIEW IN BARRACKS AND STORE CADRE OF MES
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts for Group “B” & “C” [other than IRS] Posts
- Cadre Restructuring of Group ‘C’ employees in Department of Posts Clarification
- Cadre Review of Drawing Staff Cadre (Civil/Electrical) of CPWD
- Procedure to be followed for promotion by Departmental Promotion Committee to implement Cadre Restructuring of General Line Cadre Posts.