Department of Posts: Implementing the recommendations of Social Security Benefits for Gramin Dak Sevas
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Subject : Implementation of recommendations of GDS Committee on Social Security Benefits for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Directorate 0.M of even number dated 27.06.2018, wherein approval of Competent Authority on the above noted subject was conveyed.
2. The Competent Authority has now approved the following modification in payment of Severance Amount and GDS Gratuity with effect from 01.01.2016 instead of 01.07.2018 as mentioned below:-
(I) GDS Gratuity ( erstwhile Ex-gratia Gratuity):
Existing Benefits: The nomenclature of Ex- gratia Gratuity is changed as ‘GDS Gratuity’ Continuance of the existing formula for grant of Ex-gratia Gratuity subject to a maximum of Rupees One lakh fifty thousand ( Rs 1,50,000/-) .
Revised Benefits: No change in nomenclature and other conditions mentioned in Department of Posts OM of even number dated 27.06.2018.Revised rate of GDS Gratuity (i.e. Maximum ceilingRs 150000* shall be paid w.e.f01.01.2016 instead of01.07.2018.
(II) Severance Amount
Existing Benefits: The Severance Amount shall be paid at the rate of24,000/- for every completed year from01.01.2016.Maximum ceiling on Severance Amount shall be Rupees One lakh fifty thousand ( Rs 1,50,000/ -) .
Severance Amount would be applicable only in case of those GDS who have opted to remain with Severance Amount andhave not shifted to Service Discharge Benefit Scheme(SDBS), and has completed 10 years of continuous service ..
Revised Benefits: No change in nomenclature and other conditions mentioned in Department of Posts OM of even number dated 27.06.2018.The Severance Amount shall be paid at the rate of Rs. 4000/- for every completed year of engagement w.e.f01.01.2016.**
Revised rate of Severance Amount (i.e. Maximum Ceiling of Rs 150000/-) shall be paid w.e.f 01.01.2016 instead of 01.07.2018.
* Difference Amount of GDS Gratuity (i.e Z.150000/ – Z.60000/-)= @ Z 90,000/-shall be paid to those GDS who were discharged between 01.01.2016 to 30.06.2018, as they have been paid old. rate of GDS Ex-Gratia Gratuity i.e @ Z 60,000/-.
** Difference Amount. of Severance Amount (i.e Z 4000 – Z15000= @ 2500/- for every completed year of engagement we.f. 01.01.2016 shall be paid to those GDS who were discharged between 01.01.2016 to 30.06.2018, as they have been paid old rate of Severance Amount i.e @ Z. 1500/- for every completed year of engagement we.f. 01.01.2016 subject to a maximum Ceiling of Z 1,50,000
3. All other existing eligibility conditions for the aforesaid schemes have undergone no change and will be applicable to all GDSs
4. This issues in consultation with Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their ID Note No. 3(1)/E-V/2018 dated 05.04.2018 and AS &FA Diary No 37/2019-FA-CS Dated 01.07.2019.
5. Hindi version will follow.
( SB Vyavahare )
Assistant Director General ( GDS/PCC )
Tele No . 011-23096629
[email protected] gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- Gramin Dak Sevaks are not regular Govt. Employees not eligible for PF, Pension Gratuity
- 7th Pay Commission’s Recommendations on Gratuity
- Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
- GDS – Treatment of strike period in reepect of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Change in nomenclature of Nursing Staff in CGHS
- Change of nomenclature of the Posts of Senior Translators and Junior Translators in subordinate offices the Department of Posts
- Enhancement of amount of Ex-Gratia payable to Reservists and families of Reservists.
- Enhancement of amount of Ex-gratia payable to Reservists and families of Reservists
- A brief note of the Ministry of DOPT on New Pension Scheme – Retirement Benefits