Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110055
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC – reg.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2017/BDA-1 30-08-2017 (RBE No.106/2017)
(ii) NFIR’s letter No.I/5(g)/Part V dated 11-04-2018
(iii) Railway Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2017/BDA-1 dated 14-09-2018 (RBE No.138/2018)
Pursuant to NFIR’s reference vide letter dated 11-04-2018 relating to admissibility of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level-3 of 7th CPC who were left erroneously in Board’s order dated 30th August,2017 (RBE No.106/2017), Railway Board vide letter dated 14-09-2018 (RBE No.138/2018) have issued clarification for grant of Breakdown Allowance to the Technicians Grade-III though drawing pay in higher pay level under MACPS at the rates prescribed for the post held by the employee. Federation however noticed that the said instructions are not in conformity with the Federation’s demand to grant Breakdown Allowance to the Staff working in GP 2000/Level-3 at the pay received in the same Grade Pay/Pay Level.
In this connection, Federation desires to state that the Breakdown Allowance is treated as Compensatory Allowance and is attached to the extra-ordinary duties performed by such staff. The Board’s clarification dated 14-09-2018 limiting the payment of Breakdown Allowance to the post held by the staff i.e. substantive pay in GP 1900, is unjustified and needs to be corrected suitably to render justice to the staff of Technical Categories.
NFIR, therefore, urges the Railway Board to consider the above points and issue amendment to the clarification to letter dated 14-09-2018 soon duly endorsing copy to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Payment of National Holiday Allowance to non-gazetted Staff in Pay Level 9 and 10 on Indian Railways
- Clarifications regarding payment of Breakdown Allowance
- Pay fixation in 7th CPC Pay Matrix level in the case of employees who are in 6th CPC -1S Pay Band (Rs. 4440-7440) + GP 1300
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in Constructions Organization
- 7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Group ‘C’ &’D’ Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals
- MACP – Financial upgradation under MACPS to the staff joined on request transfer in lower post-correct implementation of extant orders
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) & Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ (non-ministerial) Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals & Health Units/Clinics.