Demand of allowance at par with Defence Service/Technical Personnel by Defence Civilian Employees is not feasible
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
13-March-2015 13:33 IST
Recruitment of Soldiers
From time to time Defence Civilian employees have been raising the demands that they should be granted Field Area allowance and Modified Field Area allowance as applicable to the service Personnel and for providing other allowances like Aeronautical Technical Allowance, Airworthiness Certificate Allowance, Flight Charge Certificate Allowance etc. at par with technical defence personnel. It has not been found feasible to accept these demands as the job requirements and service conditions of Service Personnel and Defence Civilian employees are totally different.
Complaints relating to alleged irregularities / malpractices in recruitment of soldiers have been received from time to time. In cases of complaints of involvement of touts, FIRs, where applicable, have been lodged. During the last three years (2012 to till date), three cases of involvement of Service Personnel were found. Court of Inquiry has been instituted in one case; preliminary investigation has been ordered in another case and in third, the CBI has registered a case.
Proactive measures have been taken on a continuous basis to streamline the recruitment process. These include deployment of vigilance teams, involving police and Government intelligence sources, introducing additional checks and balances in documentation procedure, online verification of documents where feasible, conducting awareness campaigns against falling prey to touts, in-house printing of Question Papers to obviate leakage.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri P Karunakaran in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Malpractices in Recruitment of Soldiers
- Details of benefits provided to the civilians working in the Defence sector
- Facilities to Employees of BRO
- Facilities to Defence Personnel
- Not feasible to extend the Benefits of MACP during Jan to Aug 2008
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations for Defence Forces Personnel – An Overview
- ‘equal pay equal pension’ principle is applicable for Ex-Service personnel
- Admissibility of HRA to Defence Service Personnel and Dispensation of the condition of furnishing No Accommodation Certificate of Armed Forces Personnel
- Payment of Dress Allowance to the CAPFs personnel joining service after 1st July