Delhi government notifies implementation of 7th Pay Commission recommendations
New Delhi: The Delhi government has notified implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission recommendations, which provides 2.5 times hike in basic salaries and pensions of its employees and pensioners with effect from January 1.
The over one lakh employees of the city administration, will get the increased salaries from next month. The arrears will also be paid in one go next month, a Delhi government official said.
The hike in pensions and salaries will cost the exchequer around Rs 2,000 crore annually. The notification was issued after Lt Governor Najeeb Jung gave his approval for the same, the official said.
The move comes nearly one-and-a-half months after the Centre approved the recommendations of the pay panel.
“Arrears as accruing on account of revised pay consequent upon fixation of pay under CCS (RP) Rules with effect from January 1, 2016 shall be paid in cash in one installment along with the payment of salary for the month of August, 2016, after making necessary adjustment on account of GPF and NPS, as applicable, in view of the revised pay,” Deputy Secretary Manoj Kumar said in a written communication to head of all departments.
As per the the new scales of pay, the basic salary at entry-level is going up from Rs 7,000 per month to Rs 18,000, while at the highest level i.e. secretary, it would go up from Rs 90,000 to Rs 2.5 lakh. For class one officers,the starting salary will be Rs 56,100.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC arrears to be paid in single installment along with the payment Of salary for the month Of Aug, 2016
- 7th Pay Commission to increase President’s salary
- 7th Pay Commission: Know the new salary of central government employees for pay band Rs 9,300-34,800
- Seventh Central Pay Commission to submit report by October 31
- 7th Pay Commission News latest: Over 8.77 lakh Gujarat Government Employees and Pensioners to get arrears from March and Odisha govt too.
- 7th Pay Commission: Know the exact salary of class 1 officers for pay band Rs 15,600-39,100
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary arrears to Central government employees estimated at Rs. 34,600 crore
- Government gives nod to 200% hike in salaries of Supreme Court, High Court judges
- January Salary Of Central Employees To Follow Higher Allowances: Finance Ministry