Delay in issuing order of revised DA/DR from January, 2014
10% enhancement in Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief has already been approved by Central Government on 28th February, 2014. Now a formal Office Memorandum in this regard is awaited from Finance Ministry. Month of March, 2014 is going to end and a month is also passing after approval all employees/pensioners/offices are waiting for Finance Ministry’s Memorandum. Last year the approval of DA/DR pertaining to January, 2013 was also issued very late on 18th April 2013.
After implementation of recommendations of Sixth Pay Commission the Govt. has accepted the calculation of standard formula for calculation of future DA and in para 4.1.19 Sixth Pay commission has recommended that DA may continue to be sanctioned twice a year as on 1st January and 1st July payable with the salary of March and September. After 6th CPC implementation order of DA from January of respective years was issued/declared as follows:-
15/3/2007- 6% – Thursday
07/3/2008 -6% – Monday
26/2/2009- 6% – Thursday
19/3/2010 – 8% – Friday
22/3/2011- 6% – Tuesday
23/3/2012 -7% – Friday
18/4/2013 – 8% – Thursday
That time various employees unions/federations was also pressed hard to release instalment of DA/DR early and reason for delay was speculated to decision of merger of dearness allowance in basic pay. This year this reason also not in air because the model code of conduct has been implemented in view of Lok Sabha Election. This time no any reason is in hand for delay only today-tomorrow is passing and all are waiting for finance ministry’s OM. According to previous trend the finance ministry order on DA is expected to come soon.
According to the govt. approval additional installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners with effect from 01.01.2014 would be released not before the disbursement of the salary for the month of March 2014 at the rate of 10 percent increase over the existing rate of 90 percent. Salary for the month of March, 2014 will be paid on 2nd April, 2014 and the salary/pension of March, 2014 will be calculated on 90% DA/DR and three months’ arrears will be paid after receiving of FM’s Order. The order of enhancement in DA also necessary to 25% increase in some allowances. As per sixth CPC’s recommendations some allowances can increase 25% every time when the DA touches 50%.
Related to Your Search:
- Dearness Allowance from January 2013 – 6th CPC Recommendations on merger of 50% Dearness Allowance
- Central Government employees losing interest in Dearness Allowance?
- Expected DA Jan 2018: Central Government Employees losing interest in Expected DA?
- Finance Ministry’s Orders on 10% DA Expected Shortly!
- Leading Newspapers gives green signal to approve DA today
- Increase / decrease in DA / DR for Central Government employees – 7th CPC Expected DA/DR from January, 2020
- Increase in rate of DA is in proportion to the increase in the rate of inflation
- FINANCE MINISTRY DA ORDER JAN 2014 -WHEN IT WILL COME-DA ARREARS CALCULATOR
- Expected DA From Jan 2012