Definition of Government Servant
Definition of Government servant and who are included in it..?
Some questions related to the above topic has been raised in the Rajya Sabha by the Hon’ble Member Shrimati Gundu Sudharani on 14th March, 2013. The concerned Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Shri V. Narayanasamy has submitted the answer in a written form as follows…
“As per Rule 2(h) of CCS (CCA) Rules ‘Government servant’ means a person who-
(i) is a member of a Service or holds a civil post under the Union, and includes any such person on foreign service or whose services are temporarily placed at the disposal of a State Government, or a local or other authority;
(ii) is a member of a Service or holds a civil post under a State Government and whose services are temporarily placed at the disposal of the Central Government;
(iii) is in the service of a local or other authority and whose services are temporarily placed at the disposal of the Central Government”.
The service conditions of the employees of statutory and constitutional bodies are regulated by the statute under which they are created.
As per the “Compendium of Welfare Programmes/Instructions of facilities”, the Central Government Employees and the employee of Delhi Administration, shall qualify for regular membership of Central Government Employees Welfare Association in receipt of the grant-in-aid from the Department of Personnel & Training. The Membership shall not be open to the employees of the private shops/companies, Bank, Autonomous Bodies, Public Sector Undertakings, New Delhi Municipal Committee, Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Bodies created by or under any specific Act of Parliament.
Related to Your Search:
- Eligibility for two family pensions – Two different sources in respect of the same Government servant/pensioner
- Penalty Proceedings against Central Government Employees
- Standards of Operating Procedures (SOP) on membership of professional bodies and re-imbursement of membership fee.
- Married Women Employees can show their parents as her dependents for CGHS, LTC etc
- Counting of past service for admissibility in old pension scheme, new pension scheme, pay protection and leave accumulation to All India Services officers
- Counting of past service fix admissibility in old pension scheme, new pension scheme, pay protection and leave accumulation to All India Services officers
- Group-wise estimated number of regular Central Government Civilian Employees in Central Government
- Review of performance of public servants
- Minister explained in Parliament to a question regarding suspension under Rule 10 of CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965