OROP – Defence Pension
Ministry of Defence
Five years of historic decision to implement OROP; Over Rs. 42740 Crore disbursed to 20,60,220 Defence Forces Pensioners / Family Pensioners
06 NOV 2020
Government of India took the historic decision to implement One Rank One Pension, OROP by issuing an order on 7.11.2015, benefit effective from 01.07.2014, despite huge financial burden demonstrating its commitment to the welfare of ex-servicemen. Armed Forces Personnel retired upto 30.06.2014 were covered under this Order. Keeping in view the magnitude and complexity of Defence pension, extensive consultations were held with experts and ex-Servicemen before issue of Government order on implementation of OROP.
Ex-Servicemen had been agitating for implementation of OROP nearly for the 45 years, but the same was not implemented before 2015.
OROP implies that uniform pension be paid to the Armed Forces Personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service regardless of their date of retirement. Thus, OROP implies bridging the gap between the rate of pension of current and past retirees at periodic intervals.
A sum of Rs. 10795.4 crore has been disbursed to 20,60,220 Defence Forces Pensioners/ Family Pensioners as arrears on account of implementation of OROP. The yearly recurring expenditure on account of OROP is about Rs.7123.38 crores and for about six years starting from 01.07.2014, the total recurring expenditure worked out to approximately Rs. 42740.28 crore.
OROP beneficiaries also got the benefit of fixation of pension under 7th CPC while calculating the pension by multiplication factor of 2.57.
State-wise figures of amount released on account of OROP arrears as on 11.10.2019 are as under.
|Sl. No.||Name of the State/ UT||Number of OROP beneficiaries||Amount released on account of OROP arrears (In Cr.)|
|1.||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||380||2.25|
|8.||DADRA NAGAR HAVELI||8||0.13|
|9.||DAMAN AND DIU||16||0.08|
|15.||JAMMU & KASHMIR||62,160||293.4|
- Above mentioned nation-wide payment details did not include the details of Nepali pensioners.
Related to Your Search:
- OROP Table : One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation tables issued
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation order, tables issued
- Expedition Process of OROP
- OROP: Ex-servicemen vow to continue agitation
- OROP: 99% pensioners will get benefits by January-end, says Manohar Parrikar
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) to the Defence Forces Personnel: Latest MoD orders published on 7.11.2015
- State Bank of India released arrears worth Rs 1,465 crore to 7.75 lakh defence pensioners under One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme
- Government Announces One Rank One Pension Scheme for Ex-Servicemen
- Implementation of OROP