Ministry of Defence
Modernisation of Armed Forces
13 FEB 2019
Modernisation of the Armed Forces is a continuous process based on threat perception, operational challenges and technological changes to keep the Armed Forces in a state of readiness to meet the entire spectrum of security challenges. Government attaches the highest priority to ensure that the Armed Forces are sufficiently equipped to meet any operational requirement. This is achieved through induction of new equipment and technological upgradation of capabilities. The equipment requirements of the Armed Forces are planned and progressed through a detailed process which includes 15 Year Long Term Integrated Perspective Plan (LTIPP), a five year Service-wise Capability Acquisition Plan, a two year roll-on Annual Acquisition Plan and deliberations by the Defence Acquisition Council chaired by the Raksha Mantri.
During the last three years and in the current year (upto October, 2018), 188 contracts have been signed for capital procurement of defence equipment for Armed Forces such as Radars, Aircraft, Rockets, Artillery Guns, Helicopters, Missiles, Ballistic Helmets, Bullet Proof Jackets, Weapons, Simulators, Electronic Fuzes and Ammunition. Budget Allocation and Expenditure under Capital Budget Head are given below:-
(Rs. in crore)
(upto November, 2018)
Allocated budget is optimally utilized to avoid gap between the need and the availability of funds.
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Kapil Moreshwar Patil in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Defence: Modernisation of Armed Forces – Lok Sabha
- Modernization of Armed Forces
- DEFENCE – Raksha Mantri Reviews Operational and Procurement Matters of Armed Forces
- Amount Earmarked for Defence
- 7th CPC anomalies in respect of the Armed Forces
- Armed Forces Veterans Day
- MoD: Modernisation of Armed Forces top priority, says Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh
- Defence Budget Allocation for 2019-20 at Rs3.19 Lakh Crore, Excluding Defence Pension
- Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Kolkata gets Raksha Mantri’s Trophy for Best Service Hospital