Defence – Budget 2018-19 – Allocate 12.10 percent of the total Central Government Expenditure
Union Budget for the financial year 2018-19, presented by the Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley in the Parliament today, envisaged a total outlay of Rs. 24,42,213 crore. Out of this, Rs 2,95,511.41 crore has been earmarked for Defence. This accounts for 12.10 percent of the total Central Government expenditure for the year 2018-19.
The allocation of Rs. 2,95,511.41 crore represents a growth of 7.81 percent over Budget Estimates (Rs. 2,74,114.12 crore) and 5.91 percent over Revised Estimates (Rs. 2,79,003.85 crore), respectively for the financial year 2017-18.
Out of Rs. 2,95,511.41 crore allocated for the financial year 2018-19, Rs. 1,95,947.55 crore has been allocated for Revenue (Net) expenditure and Rs. 99,563.86 crore for Capital expenditure for the Defence Services and the Organizations/ Departments under Ministry of Defence. The amount of Rs. 99,563.86 crore, allocated for Capital expenditure, includes modernization related expenditure. The Capital allocation for Ministry of Defence under BE 2018-19 is 33.1 percent of the total Central Government Expenditure on Capital Account, which is Rs 3,00,441 crore.
For Defence Pension, which is over and above the outlay mentioned above, an amount of Rs. 1,08,853.30 crore has been provided in BE 2018-19. This is 26.60 percent above the BE 2017-18 of Rs. 85,740 crore and 14.26 percent over RE 2017-18 of Rs. 95,000 crore.
The approval for the construction of Sela pass has given further impetus to the Defence preparedness.
Related to Your Search:
- MoD – Defence Budget 2020 – 2021 – Defence Pension 2020
- Defence Budget Allocation for 2019-20 at Rs3.19 Lakh Crore, Excluding Defence Pension
- Further Rs.1,000 Crore for OROP: Budget 2014-15 – Defence allocation raised to Rs.2,29,000 crore
- Amount Earmarked for Defence
- 7th CPC recommendations will have no impact on the fiscal deficit in the current fiscal year
- Defence Expenditure
- Government provides fund for pay commission implementation in Budget
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Budget Allocation for 7th CPC Pay and Pension Hike is true says livemint
- Rates of Income-Tax for the financial year 2017-18