Death Claims to be Processed within 07 Days and Retirement Claims to be Settled on the Day of Retirement
Payment of Statutory Contributions Henceforth only through Internet Banking
The Prime Minister of India during the PRAGATI review meeting held on 26th October desired that claims related to death cases be prioritized and expedited and retirement claims may be settled on the day of retirement. In accordance, the processes have been reviewed and instructions have been issued to field offices to settle death claims within a period of 07 days from the date of receipt of proposal and retirement claims on the day of retirement. The officials in the facilitation centre of field offices have been instructed to scrutinize the claims and guide the claimant regarding submission of required documents in appropriate shape. An official has been posted in the facilitation centers of EPFO this category of claims.
Employers are now increasingly using internet banking to deposit statutory EPF dues since EPFO made it mandatory to use internet banking as the mode of receipt of EPF dues. 96.03% contributions in October 2016 were received online.
In an important judgment delivered by the High Court of Madras in the matter of writ petition filed by Builders Association of India, Madurai, the High Court dismissed the petition praying non enforcement of EPF & MP Act, 1952 every employee employed in or in connection with the work or that factory or establishment, other than an excluded employee, who has not become a member already shall also be entitled and required to become a member of the Fund from the date of joining the factory or establishment.
To expand the reach of convenience offered to EPF members, EPFO has joined the network of Common Services Centers (CSC). A Memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between EPFO and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited (CSC SPV) on 25th October 2016. The MoU is initially for a period of five years. Every year on 14st November, pensioners were required to submit their life certificates. From this year onward, pensioners can submit digital life certificates via Jeevan Pramaan Patra programme through a large number of points of Presence (PoP) of CSC network in addition to those available at EPFO offices. The pensioners living in remote areas can avoid cost and inconvenience of travelling down to the EPF offices or their banks for filing paper based life certificate through this arrangement.
Related to Your Search:
- Online Facility for Settlement of Claims in EPFO
- EPFO takes various steps for speedy settlement of claims
- Death Claim settled within 20 days from the date of receipt
- EPFO must give Priority to timely Settlement of Claims for Provident Fund
- EPFO joins network of Common Services Centers
- EPFO: Digital Signatures Under Employees Provident Fund Organisation
- EPFO shows much better improvement
- Simplification of pension payment procedure- Submission of certificates by retiring Armed Forces Personnel along with pension papers
- Multiple Banking System for EPFO contribution and payments by Signing of Agreement between EPFO and Public & Private Sector Banks