Criminal cases against government officers
CBI has registered 139 cases against Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS), Indian Revenue Services (IRS) & Indian Foreign Services (IFS) officers during the last three years since 1.1.2014 to 30.11.2017 which are at various stages.
The Government is taking various steps as under for minimizing the chances of any corruption in public services which includes:
i).The All-India Service (Discipline and Appeal) Rules, 1969 has been amended to include the provision of conclusion of enquiry and submission of report within a period of six months from the date of receipt of order of Inquiring Authority.
ii).In order to ensure probity amongst government servants, Ministries/Departments/Cadres have been asked to regularly review the officers/officials (including those belonging to IAS, IPS, IRS& IFS) under the provisions of FR-56 (J)/Rule 16 (3) of AIS (DCRB) Rules 1958. The position is reviewed at the level of this Department as well as Cabinet Secretariat. As per information provided by Cadres, provisions of FR-56 (J)/Rule 16 (3) of AIS (DCRB) Rules 1958 have been invoked/recommended against 72 Group A officers (including those belonging to IAS, IPS, IRS & IFS) and 125 Group B officers.
iii).Regular review is undertaken for expediting disposal of pending disciplinary proceedings and for expeditious disposal of pending sanction of prosecution cases within the stipulated timeframe by the respective Cadres/Departments.
iv).In order to speed up disposal of the case pending trial, 92 additional Special Courts for CBI have been set up.
This was stated by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to question in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Suspension of Government Servant – Review of Suspension
- Premature Retirement – Right to retired Government officials prematurely
- Review of Work Performance under FR 56(j)
- Cadre review guidelines DoPT – Cadre review of ‘B’, ‘C’ and erstwhile ‘D’ Groups
- Inter Cadre Transfer of All India Service Officers to third cadre on the ground of marriage Clarification in Policy – regarding.
- Policy for Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants
- Procedure for dealing with cases of disagreement between Disciplinary Authority and CVC – instructions regarding consultation with UPSC thereof
- 7th CPC Special Allowances for officers belonging to North-East cadres of All India Services working in UT of Ladakh
- 6-month limit to complete graft enquiries against babus