Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Review of Creamy Layer for SCs/STs and OBCs
05 FEB 2020
As regard SC/ST reservation, at present, there is no concept of creamy layer. Hence question of the review of creamy layer does not arise.
As regard OBC reservation, an Expert Committee has been constituted by the Government of India under the Chairmanship of Shri B.P. Sharma (former Secretary, DOPT) on 08.03.2019 to examine the issues related to Creamy layer equivalence among the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBCs).
Also check: Implementation of creamy layer criteria
The Expert Committee, after consultation with all stakeholders including the State / UT Governments, has submitted its report to the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment on 17.09.2019. At present, the report is under consideration.
This information was given by Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Annual Income Limit for Non-Creamy Layer
- Government proposes to revise the income criteria of Rs.8 lakhs per annum for the Creamy Layer amongst Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- Reservation Policy : Revision of Income limit of Creamy Layer for OBCs
- Income limit for Creamy Layer – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Government job aspirants may not have to give non-creamy layer proof
- Creamy layer expert committee Loksabha Q&A
- Implementation of creamy layer criteria
- Income limit of ‘Creamy Layer’ increased to 6 lakh
- Identification of jobs/posts for persons with Disabilities- review thereof.