Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech/Bank Performance/37 Vol III(PF)/2017‐18/191
Subject: Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners.
Attention is invited to this office OM No CPAO/Tech/Bank Performance/2016‐17/255 dated-27.02.2017 whereby Heads of all the CPPCs and Government Business Divisions of the Banks were advised to Commence the family pension to the spouse immediately on receipt of death certificate of the pensioner,proof of spouse age/date Of birth and under taking of recovery of excess payment latest within a month.
However, analysis of reports prepared in CPAO regarding time taken in conversion of pension to family pension in Favour of spouse of deceased pensioners shows inordinate delay in many cases.The details of these cases are available in CPPC logins http://eppo.nic.in.
In view of the above, Heads of CPPCs and Government Business Divisions of the banks are advised to review the latest position and ensure compliance of the above instructions and submit the status report to CPAO alongwith reasons for delay by 9th February,2018 positively by e‐mail at [email protected]
It is further, requested to give the acknowledgement of receipt of application and death certificate to the Family pensioner regarding commencement of family pension.
(Controller of Accounts)
Ph. No. 011-26174809
1. Heads of CPPCs of all Banks
2. Heads of Government Business Division of all Banks
Related to Your Search:
- Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- CPAO to Bank: Attend sick, paralyzed and bedridden pensioners/family pensioners on priority basis with empathy
- CPAO: Not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension
- Disposal of PPO – death of the pensioner with no claimant authorized for family pension in the same PPO
- Non-issue of Pension slip by banks – CPAO OM May, 2018
- CPAO Order: Intimation of recovery of excess/over payment made to pensioners
- Recording of PPO Number in the Bank Pass Book of Defence pensioner/family pensioner