Retirement on Superannuation
Court Case/ Priority
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
[Establishment Division/ P.A.P. Section]
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
All Head of Circles
Sub: Court cases relating to grant of one Notional Increment to employees who have completed one year of service as on their retirement on Superannuation falling on 30th June of various year and further revision in Basic pension and pensionary benefits thereof.
This is regarding various court cases on the above mentioned subject filed by retired employees of this Department before various Tribunals. This section is also in receipt of representations from retired employees of the similar subject matter. Department of Personnel and Training has issued some guidelines and instructions on the subject matter, the same was circulated to all HOCs by pension section letter No 100-10/2018-Pen dated 20.01.2020.
2. In the meantime some circles have forwarded the decisions of various Tribunals for seeking further guidance for implementation of orders etc. The whole issue has been examined in the light of guidelines/ instructions issued by nodal ministry DoPT in such cases.
3. In this regard, I am directed to forward herewith copy of Department of Personnel and Training, OM 1411655/2020-Estt (Pay-IT dated 18.02.2020, requesting to defend/ challenge the cases on behalf of Union of India , keeping the observations of DoPT in view.
4. It is hence requested to defend/challenge the cases in consultation with Government Counsel, keeping the observations of DoPT in view. Individual representations/ referred cases in this regard may be addressed as per the guidelines of DoPT It is also requested to keep this Directorate apprised about further development in these cases periodically.
DA: As above
Assistant Director General (Estt.)
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of annual increment falling due on the next day of superannuation/ retirement, for the purpose of pensionary benefits
- DoPT order on notional increment to 30 June retirees before drawing the same for the pensionary benefits
- Madras High Court Order – Notional increment of pensionary benefits
- Court cases for granting notional increment for pensionary benefits in pursuance of the judgement dated 15.09.2017 of Hon’ble High Court of Madras in W.P. No. 15732 of 2017 in the case of P. Ayyamperumal Vs Union of India
- RAILWAYS – Issues of Notional Increment on the day of superannuation
- Stagnation Increment – Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 pensioners
- DoPT: Promotion of Government servants found fit by review DPC after retirement – procedure and guidelines to be followed
- Grant of (notional) annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation for calculating pensionary benefits
- Grant of Notional Increment on completion of 12 Months of Service on of July of a Calendar Year (After Retirement) for the purpose of Pension to Government employees