Counting of training period for drawing increments
No. 4-4/2008-PCC (Corr)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi-110 001
Director of Accounts (Postal)
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
Sub: Counting of training period (Prior of posting) for drawing increments
This has the reference to your office letter 127/PM/G II/C-266 dated 17.07.2013 on the subject cited above.
2. In this context, I am directed to convey that GIO (1) below FR 26 provides that where a person has been selected for regular appointment and before formally taking over the charge of the post for which selected person is required to undergo training, training period undergone by such a Government servant whether on remuneration or otherwise counts as duty for the purpose of drawing increments. This order is applicable only in case of direct recruits. Further Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 provides that employees completing six months and above in the revised pay structure as on 01st Jul will be eligible to be granted the Increment. Thus, from the contents of GIO (1) below FR 26 read with Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, it is clear that “a Government servant who has completed the six month service including training period (whether on remuneration or otherwise) as on 01st Jul will be eligible for increment.” This is applicable only in case of direct recruits.
This issues with the concurrence of DDG (PAF) vide Diary No. TTL-4-PEA dated 11.10.2013.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Source: Source: http://ccis.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Advance Increments : Grant of advance increments to IAS officers — reg.
- KV School: Stepping up of pay of the promotee senior with direct recruited junior appointed on or after 01.01.2006.
- Entry Pay for Direct Recruits Appointed on or after 1.1.2006
- 7th CPC Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS subsequent
- Railways: Stepping up of pay of Seniors drawing less pay than the Juniors
- Dopt Orders – General Clarification regarding counting of broken spells of ad-hoc promotion for increment – reg.
- Fixation of Pay consequent upon 6th Pay commission Recommendations in cadres of Inspectors / P.A’s Administrative Officers. reg.
- Benefits of Bunching increments to Master Craftsman(MCM)
- Dopt orders on inter se seniority of direct recruits and promotees