Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
22-August-2012 13:38 IST
Correcting Anomalies in Sixth Central Pay Commission
Recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission and several improvements made thereon by the Government have been largely well received by the armed forces personnel including ex-servicemen. Some issues regarding service conditions, pay, pension and allowances have subsequently been received. These issues are examined by the Government on case to case basis.
In the matter relating to retirement benefits, an Anomaly Committee was set up under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Defence/Finance). This Committee identified some anomalies which have since been addressed to by the Government.
Improvement of service conditions, pay, allowances and retirement benefits of armed forces personnel is a continuous process. Recently, a Committee headed by the Cabinet Secretary has been set up to look into certain issues of relevance to the defence service personnel and ex-servicemen and to provide suitable recommendations.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Mohd. Ali Khan in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Resolution of Anomalies in the 6th CPC Report
- Reviewing Pay and Allowances of Armed Forces Personnel
- Facilities to Defence Personnel
- Discrimination in Structure of Military Service Pay – Defence Minister Reply
- 7th Central Pay Commission Special hearing for Defence Forces
- Committee to Look Into pay and Pension Grievance Of Retired Military Personnel
- Ex-servicemen status to retired personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- Demands of Armed Forces Veterans for One rank one pension and various issues
- 7th CPC anomalies in respect of the Armed Forces