Conveyance Allowance admissible to CGHS Doctors
The doctors working in Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) are paid conveyance allowance for domiciliary visits and performing other official duties beyond office hours.
The conveyance allowance admissible to doctors including specialists, are as under:-
|Sr.No.||Mode of conveyance||
Maximum per month (Rs)
Minimum per month (Rs)
|2.||Own Scooter/ Motor cycle||
|3.||No Own Conveyance||
The Conveyance allowance is payable only if the number of visits is not less than six and for claiming the maximum amount of conveyance allowance, the number of visits should not be less than twenty per month on an average, counted on a quarterly basis. The conveyance allowance is reduced proportionately in case the total number of visits is less than twenty per month.
No record is currently being maintained at the dispensary level. The Conveyance allowance is paid to Specialists/Medical Officers who maintain their own vehicle on the basis of a certificate that the conveyance allowance is being drawn in fulfillment of conditions stipulated for grant of conveyance allowance and in case of others, who do not maintain their own vehicle, on the basis of a certificate that the amount of conveyance allowance claimed is not more than the actual expenditure.
Instructions have been issued recently requiring the doctors to furnish the details of visits made in a prescribed format on a quarterly basis while claiming the conveyance allowance.
Related to Your Search:
- Regarding Payment of Conveyance Allowance to IRMS Doctors
- Settlement of Transport Allowance for the month of April 2020 for all central government employees Proforma to claim TA by 14.05.2020
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy – Jammu and Kashmir Central Government Employees
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- Grant of 7th CPC Conveyance Allowance at the revised rates to Railway Medical Officers clarification
- Child Education Allowance Hostel Subsidy for the year 2019-2020
- DESW Orders – Waiving recovery of excess amount of element of Non-Practising Allowance (N PA) paid to pre-1996 retired Armed Forces Doctors.
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance and DA granted for Indian Railway Medical Service (IRMS) officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- under DACP Scheme
- TN – Conveyance Advance – Enhancement of monetary limit for purchase of motor cars and motorized two-wheelers – Revision of eligibility