Contractual appointments in Government departments
The Government posts are to be filled in accordance with the recruitment rules. Wherever recruitment rules provide reemployment as a mode of recruitment or in cases of exigencies of work, retired Government servants are reappointed on contractual basis for a specific period.
The Central Civil Services (Fixation of Pay of re-employed Pensioners) orders, 1986 as amended from time to time govern the pay fixation of re-employed pensioners including the persons re-employed on contract basis, unless the contract provides otherwise. The interests of serving employees with regard to promotions/financial upgradations to higher post are taken care of by the respective service rules/regulations applicable to them.
This was stated by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri M.P.Veerendra Kumar in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Absorption of Contractual Employees
- EQUAL PAY FOR DAILY WAGERS/CONTRACT LABOURERS AND REGULAR EMPLOYEES
- Equal pay for equal work
- CGHS facilities are not provided to persons working on contractual and co-terminus basis
- FinMin working on salary standards re-appointed by retired central government Officials
- Fixation of pay of Ex-servicemen Re-employed on the Railways
- RAILWAYS – Engagement of Ex-Servicemen against vacancies in Safety Categories on Contract Basis
- Wages of contractual employees
- Kendriya Vidyalayas: Remuneration to German language enhanced (Foreign Language Contractual Teachers engaged in Kendriya Vidyalayas)