Railway Manual Pass
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. PC-VII/2020 /HRMS/6(Part)
New Delhi, Dated: 16.11.2020
The General Managers
All Indian Railways and PUs/ Training Institutes
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub: Continuation of issuance of Manual Pass to Railway Employees
Ref: Board’s Letter No. PC-VII/2020/ HRMS/6 dated 14.08.2020
Please refer to Board’s letter dated 14.08.2020 (RBE.66/2020) containing the guidelines for e-Privilege Pass/PTO Modules of Human Resource Management System (HRMS) in Indian Railways which was launched on 10.08.2020. The following crucial aspects were mentioned in the said letter:
(i) E-Pass/ PTO module shall be available to serving employee of India Railways w.e.f. 24-08-2020.
(ii) Provision of physical pass shall also be there up to 31.10.2020 and employees who want to avail privilege Pass/ PTO in the physical form can avail the same during the period i.e. up to 31.10.2020. However, from 01.11.2020, privilege Pass/ PTO will be available only in Digital Form.
2. However, while carrying out the implementation of the e-Privilege Pass/ PTO Module, certain practical issues regarding certain categories of employees have been communicated to Board’s Office from various quarters. Further, the e-Privilege Pass/ PTO Module for Pensioners has not yet been launched due to certain logistical issues and that the same would be commissioned very shortly.
3. Taking into view the concerns raised by various stakeholders, the matter has been thoroughly and comprehensively examined in Board’s Office and following decisions have been made for implementation across whole Indian Railways:
- (i) Issuance of physical passes may be extended up to 31-12-2020 with the corresponding extension of time for booking across PRS counters for serving employees as per the validity of Passes.
- (ii) From 1st January,2020 onwards the system may be invariably shifted to e-Pass module in respect of serving Railway Employees.
- (iii) For Pensioners, considering the logistical issues and considering the age factors of the end users, physical passes may continue to be issued to pensioners till 31.03.2021 with the corresponding extension of time for booking across PRS counters for Pensioners as per the validity of Passes.
- (iv) As far as the Audit staff is concerned, the issue has already been referred to CRIS and till such time improvisation may be made to continue the issuance of physical passess to them.
4. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority
5. This letter has been uploaded on the website of India Railways at the following location:
Indian railways -> about Indian Railway -> Corporate Overview -> Directorates -> Pay Commission -> Pay Commission – VII
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director, Pay Commission-VII & HRMS
(Telephone No: 011- 4784 5123
(e-mail id: [email protected])
Related to Your Search:
- Issue of Privilege Passes/PTOs covering Udhampur-Katra Section: Clarification by Railway Board
- Validity of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Duronto Express trains.
- Privilege Pass, PTO, Post Retirement Complimentary Pass from next year’s account should be issued 5 months in advance
- Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders (PTOs)
- Grant of 1st Class Privilege Pass to the ASMs GP 2800/- upgraded to GP 4200/- (PB-2)/7th CPC Pay Level 6
- Validation of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Hamsafar Express trains, Gatimaan Express trains and all other Special trains including Suvidha Express, Special Trains on special charges etc
- LTC to Railway employees (and Government servants whose spouses are Railway servants)
- AIRF: Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders(PTOs)
- Issuance of Special Passes on Medical grounds for follow-up medical treatment in outstation Hospitals