Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers – Centre wise CPI(IW) report for the month of October 2013
The CPI-IW series on scientific lines was first introduced with base 1960=100 which was based on the results of Family Living Survey conducted in 1958-59 at 50 industrially important centres. The series was then, updated on base 1982=100 and a revision in 1999-2000 has further updated the base on 2001=100. The current series of CPI-IW with base year 2001=100 covers 78 industrially important centers spread across the country.
The current series of CPI-IW with base 2001=100 was constructed on the basis of employment data in seven sectors namely, Registered Factories, Mining, Plantations, Ports & Docks, Public Motor Transport, Electricity Generation & Distribution Establishments and Railways sector. The current series comprises of a basket of about 370 items and 289 price collection markets spread across 78 centres of the country. In the existing series, the Working Class Family Income & Expenditure Survey was conducted during 1998-99 by the NSSO and a sample size of 41040 family budget schedules and 15960 house rent schedules (i.e. about a total of 57000 schedules) were canvassed from 78 industrially important centres of the country. The price collection work was done by the Labour Bureau and the main survey work of income & expenditure data collection was conducted by NSSO.
In line with the recommendations of Index Review Committee (IRC), the possibilities of extending the scope of the new series to two more additional sectors i.e. Handloom and Construction sectors are being considered. However, Labour Bureau expects an increase in the number of centres from existing 78 centres to around 88-95 centres approximately. Consequently, the total number of family budget enquiry schedules and house rent schedules to be canvassed would increase to 70,000 schedules approximately.
|State||Sr. No.||Centre||Sep. 2013||Oct. 2013|
|ASM||7||DOOM DOOMA- TINSUKIA||200||204|
|J & K||25||SRINAGAR||208||208|
|ALL INDIA INDEX||238||241|
Related to Your Search:
- CONSUMER PRICE INDEX: New Series for updation of Base of CPI(Industrial Workers) proposed
- New Series for Revision of Base of CPI(IW) launched
- AICPIN for Feb 2015 – Labour Bureau Publishes today
- Expected DA July 2015 to be finalized – May 2015 AICPIN to be announced today
- Calculation starts for expected DA from January 2017
- Dearness Allowance: Centre to survey spending patters of working class to finalise CPI numbers
- Expected DA 2020 – AICPIN for the month of September 2020 – 118 points
- Expected DA from July 14 – Looks like the curiosity surrounding the expected DA is fast receding..!
- New series of consumer price index – Base for calculation of Dearness Allowance