Ministry of Labour & Employment
Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) – May, 2018
02 JUL 2018
The All-India CPI-IW for May, 2018 increased by 1 point and pegged at 289 (two hundred and eighty nine). On 1-month percentage change, it increased by (+) 0.35 percent between April, 2018 and May, 2018 when compare with the increase of (+) 0.36 percent between the corresponding months of previous year.
The maximum upward pressure to the change in current index came from Food group contributing (+) 0.68 percentage points to the total change. At item level, Rice, Groundnut Oil, Fish Fresh, Poultry (Chicken), Eggs (Hen), Mik, Pure Ghee, Chillies Green, Onion, Brinjal, Cabbage, Carrot, French Bean, Green Coriander Leaves, Palak, Potato, Radish, etc. are responsible for the increase in index. owever, this increase was checked by Wheat, Wheat Atta, Mustard Oil, Chillies Dry, Lady’s Finger, Mango (Ripe), Torai, etc., putting downward pressure on the index.
The year-on-year inflation based on CPI-IW stood at 3.96 percent for May, 2018 as compared to 3.97 percent for the previous month and 1.09 percent during the corresponding month of the previous year. Similarly, the Food inflation stood at 1.66 percent against 1.33 percent of the previous month and (-) 1.63 percent during the corresponding month of the previous year.
At centre level, Sholapur and Bhilai reported the maximum increase of 6 points each followed by Pune, Kodarma and Godavarikhani (5 points each). Among others, 4 points increase was observed in 2 centres, 3 points in 6 centres, 2 points in 18 centres and 1 point in 15 centres. On the contrary, Chhindwara, Darjeeling, Jalandhar, Jaipur and Ghaziabad recorded a maximum decrease of 2 points each. Among others, 1 point decrease was observed in 12 centres. Rest of the 15 centres’ indices remained stationary.
The indices of 36 centres are above All-India Index and 9 centres’ indices are below national average. The indices of Mumbai, Jabalpur and Chhindwara centres remained at par with All-India Index.
The next issue of CPI-IW for the month of June, 201 will be released on Tuesday, 31st July, 2018. The same will also be available on the office website www.labourbureaunew.gov.in.
Related to Your Search:
- Expected DA July 2018 – AICPIN for March 2018 Stands at 287
- AICPIN for the month of June 2018
- AICPIN for the month of August 2018
- Press Release: Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) – May, 2015
- Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) April 2013.
- Expected DA From July, 2016: AICPIN for the Month of May, 2016
- Expected DA July 2019 – AICPIN for January 2019
- AICPIN for February 2017: Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) – February, 2017
- AICPI-IW – All India Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers for April 2016 released