DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
NORTH BLOCK, NEW DELHI – 110001
Dated the 6 December, 2016
Completion of writing of PARs of IAS officers for 2015-16 in SPARROW – reg.
Please refer to my D.O. letter no.4(8)/2008-EO(PR) dated 21.4.2015 making online filing of PAR mandatory for the year 2014-15 onwards. As on date, 6975 number of PARs have been generated online for the year 2015-16. However, it is noted that still 1037 PARs are pending at the self-appraisal stage and 2905 PARs are pending at the stage of reporting authorities i.e. Reporting / Reviewing / Accepting authority (State-wise break-up is enclosed).
2. As per Rule 5(1) of AIS (PAR) Rules, 2007, if a performance appraisal report for a financial year is not recorded by 31st of December of the year in which the financial year ended, no remarks may be recorded thereafter and the officer may be assessed on the basis of the overall record and self assessment for the year, if he has submitted his self-assessment on time
3. In View of the rule position stated above, the window for SPARROW would get closed automatically on the midnight of 31.12.2016, and PARs at whatever stage in the system would also close and be treated as final, I may, therefore, request you to issue necessary instructions to the concerned designed authorities for expediting the PARs, which are yet to be recorded by the reporting / reviewing/ accepting authorities, so that all comments are recorded before 31.12.16.
Related to Your Search:
- Performance Appraisal Report will be automatically forwarded from the evaluation year 2020-2021 – DoPT
- Instructions for the cases where the reporting / reviewing / accepting authority demits office or retires before the due dates prescribed for the PAR year 2018-19 for all AIS officers, vide DOPT’s letter dated 26.4.2019
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Window) for all Organised Group ‘A’ services – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the year 2016-17
- DoPT: Recording of Annual Performance Appraisal Report – APAR for the financial year 2017-18 in respect of CSS and CSSS officers – ALERT
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW for CSS & CSSS Group A officers – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the financial year 2017-18.
- CGDA – Completion of APARs in “SPARROW”
- DoPT Order: Recording of the Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) for the 2017 – 18 financial year for CSS officers
- DoPT: Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR)
- Extension of timelines for recording of PAR by the AIS officers retiring from 30.06.2020 to 31.10.2020 during the current PAR year 2020-21 – DoPT