Committee to Look Into pay and Pension Grievance Of Retired Military Personnel
A Committee was constituted by the Government in July, 2012 under the Chairmanship of the Cabinet Secretary and consisting of Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, Defence Secretary, Secretary, Department of Expenditure, Secretary, Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare and Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training for looking into the pay and pension related issues of relevance to Defence Services Personnel and Ex- Servicemen.
Although there was no military representative on the Committee, consultations were held with all the Service Chiefs by the Committee before finalizing the recommendations.
Four recommendations were made by the Committee on revision of pension/family pension of Armed Forces personnel. They are- One Rank One Pension – Bridging the gap in pensions, Enhancement of family pensions, Dual family pension and pension to physically/mentally challenged son/daughter of armed forces personnel on marriage. All the recommendations of the Committee, 2012 have been implemented by issue of eight Government letters on 17.1.2013. These are available on the websites www.desw.gov.in and www.cgda.nic.in.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri Jitendra Singh in a written reply to Dr. Chandan Mitra in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of dual (Two) family pension from military as well as DSC: PCDA Circular No. 513
- ONE RANK ONE PENSION : SERVICE CHIEFS MEET CABINET SECY ON PENSION ANOMALIES
- Reviewing Pay and Allowances of Armed Forces Personnel
- Defence personnel to get disability pension under old norms
- First separate pay commission for Indian military: NDTV News
- Implementation of 7th Pay Commission Report : PIB
- Discrimination in Structure of Military Service Pay – Defence Minister Reply
- Total number of defence personnel, their family members and civilian staff who lost their life due to COVID-19
- Resolution of Anomalies in the 6th CPC Report