Classification of casualties of ammunition accidents of 31.05.2016 at CAD Pulgaon and grant of Liberalized Family Pension
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi, Dated: 31 May, 2018
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: Classification of casualties of ammunition accidents of 31.5.2016 at Central Ammunition Depot(CAD) Pulgaon and grant of Liberalized Family Pension(LFP) to NoK-reg.
I am directed to refer to IHQ of MoD(Army) letter No. 12841/13/2016/PC/AG/MP 5(d) (Cas Sec) dated 20.12.2016 on the subject mentioned above wherein it was informed that on 31.5.2016 a fire broke out in the Central Ammunition Depot (CAD) Pulgaon. While fire-fighting operations were in progress, at about midnight the entire quantity of mine stores in Explosive Stores House 192 with net explosive content of 135,275 Kgs detonated resulting in death of 19 and grievous injuries to 17 military, DSC and civilian personnel. As per the existing provisions, the death/disability of Armed Forces Personnel were classified as Physical Casualty(PC), attributable to Military Service.
2. Representations were received from Next of Kin (NoK) of the casualties for the classification of the aforesaid casualty as Battle Casualty(BC) to make them eligible for Liberalized Family Pension and Ex-gratia compensation under Category D of MoD letter No. 1(2)/97/D(Pen-C) dated 31.01.2001.
3. High number of casualties has resulted due to detonation of huge amount of explosive material contained in mine Stores of CAD, Pulgaon. The case for classification of said casualties as BC has been considered in this Ministry. It has been decided with the approval of the Competent Authority that as an exception, Military Personnel who died/disabled/injured in the above mentioned ammunition accident shall be eligible for BC status for compensation/pension/gratuity as is admissible in terms of MoD letter No. 1(2)/97/D(Pen-C) dated 31.01.2001.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No.10(4)/2010/FIN/PEN dated 31.05.2018.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Classification of casualties of ammunition accidents of 31.5.2016 at Central Ammunition Depot(CAD) Pulgaon and grant of Liberalized Family Pension(LFP) to NoK
- Revised Pension Tables of Casualty Pensionary awards for JCO/ORs Pensioners/Family pensioners
- PCDA Orders : Disability pension/war injury pension/special family pension/liberalized family pension/dependent pension/liberalized dependent pension for the Armed Forces Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank.
- Amendment to GOI,MOD letter No.16(01)2014/D(Pen/Pol) dated 18th May 2016 issued for revision of casualty pensionary award in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Officers and JCO/ORs Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- 7th Central Pay Commission regulating Casualty Pensionary Award for Defence Forces pensioners/family pensioners – PCDA Circular 618
- 7th CPC Military Brochure – Old Age Pension
- Defence – Grant of Dual Family Pension for re-employed Military service
- Grant of Dual Family Pension i.e. OFP from Military Side as well as SFP/ LFP for re-employed Military service -Defence
- Time limit fixed for filing Appeal for grant of Family Pension