Clarification regarding ‘Own Merit Status’.
It is clarified that there is no concept of grace marks in betterment attempt and grace marks awarded to any Betterment candidate in 2010 and 2011 DE are being withdrawn.
F.No. DE-2009/ITO/SCT/Availed Benefits/DIT(IT)/5447
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX (IT)
Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue
Dated : 13.12.2012
References have been received from various charges with regard to the award of grace marks to those candidates belonging to SC/ST category who have already qualified in the past with the relaxed standards so as to enable them to attain the ‘Own Merit Status’ by appearing in a betterment attempt or otherwise.
The matter has been examined. The grace marks policy was introduced with the purpose of enabling marginally failing candidates to pass the examination. Enabling reserved category candidates to pass the examination in general category by the grace marks policy was not the espoused philosophy behind the policy. Therefore, the grace marks were not allowed in such cases till the introduction of the betterment scheme. Till 2010, grace marks were given only to pass the examination, but not to obtain “Own Merit Status’ by candidates of the Reserved Category. However, grace marks were allowed to a few candidates appearing in betterment attempts in the Departmental Examinations 2010 and 2011 are being withdrawan. It is accordingly clarified that there is no concept of grace marks in the betterment attempt and any such grace marks awarded to any candidate in Departmental Examinations 2010 and 2011 are being withdrawn.
This issues with the approval of CBDT.
Director of Incone-tax (IT)
Related to Your Search:
- Withdrawal of Clarification dated 05.09.2011 on Grace Marks Policy for promotion
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2014: Instructions from DoPT
- Representations/ Grievances/ complaints etc. received against the Gazette Notification/ Examination Notification relating to RRs/ LDCE-2018
- SERVICE ALLOCATION TO CANDIDATES RECOMMENDED BY UPSC BASED ON THE CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION-2013
- 1536 Assistant vacancies in New India Assurance – Recruitment 2014 of 1536 Assistant Posts 2014 – Last Date 10-11-2014
- Chance to eligible Multiple Disability (MD) ‘Divyangjan’ Level-1 candidates to correct disability option for Railway jobs
- LDCE 2018 held from 5th to 8th July 2018
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2016 – Final Result declared
- Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination 2011 – UPSC