Clarification regarding benchmark for MACP after 25.07.2016
Clarification regarding benchmark for placement under MACP in respect of the official who are due for placement in MACP after 25.07.2016
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi – 110 001
Dated the 22nd January, 2018
The Chief Postmaster General,
Subject: Clarification regarding benchmark for placement under MACP in respect of the official who are due for placement in MACP after 25.07.2016.
I am directed to refer to Maharashtra Circle’s letter no. STA/MACPs/Bench Mark/2017 dated & 12.2.2017 on the subject cited above and to say that ‘Promotion’ and ‘Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme’ (MACP) are two different matters. The first involves higher duties & responsibilities while latter don’t.
2.For MACP, DOP&T has issued instruction vide OM No. 35034/3/2015-Estt(D) dated 28.09.2016, accordingly to which the prescribed benchmark would be ‘Very Good’ for all posts and it will come into effect from 25.07.2016. The communication DOP&T has already been circulated by Estt. Division of the Directorate vide letter no. 7-8/2016-PCC dated 5.10.2016 (Copy enclosed)
3.For promotion, Personnel Division vide letter no. 20-24/2016-SPB-II dated 13.02.2017 has clarified to follow instructions contained DOPT’s OM No. 35034/7/97-Estt(D) dated 8.02.2002 until further clarification is issued by DOPT or Department of Posts.
(Satya Narayana Dash)
Related to Your Search:
- Benchmark for financial upgradation under MACP clarification
- Clarification on Benchmark for Promotion
- Clarification on applicability of Very Good benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS and consideration of Good benchmark for the previous years before 25.07.2016
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees — Clarification regarding
- MACP guidance as per recommendations of the 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Clarification -Prescribed Benchmark while considering MACPs to Non-Gazetted Staff
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Implementation of the 7th CPC Recommendation Clarification regarding revised benchmark of “Very Good” of APAR grading
- MACP Scheme in 7th CPC – Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” : CAG Circular
- Revision of guidelines for considering placement under TBOP/BCR Scheme in cases where seniors are considered for placement at par with their juniors