Clarification on grant of Non-functional Scale to Gr. ‘B’ officers in Level-11 of Accounts Department and Level-10 in organized departments of Indian Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 06.08.2019
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways & Production Units
Sub.: Clarification on grant of Non-functional Scale to Gr. ‘B’ officers in Level-11 of Accounts Department and Level-10 in organized departments of Indian Railways– reg.
In terms of Ministry of Railways’ Gazette Notification G.S.R. 210(E) dated 08.03.2018 (RBE No. 37/2018), the higher scale of Level-11 in Accounts department and Level-10 in other organised departments has to be operated to the extent of 100% of the Gr. ‘B’ officers on-roll including Gr. ‘B’ officers officiating in Level-11 on ad-hoc basis after completion of 4 years of regular service in the respective grades in organized departments. Subsequently, detailed guidelines outlining the procedure have also been issued vide Board’s letter no. E(GP) 2003/2/22) dated 12.12.2018 (RBE No. 192/2018).
2. It has been observed that references are being received from various Zonal Railways seeking clarification on issues relating to the aforementioned scheme. In the past, several clarifications have been issued to various Zonal Railways over a number of issues. Therefore, in order to provide clarity on the issue, these clarifications are being summarised as under:
|1||Whether Gr. ‘B’ officers completing 4 years of regular service are to be granted NFS from the next date or from 1st January or 1st July of the following year.||The date of effect of placement in the higher Group ‘B’ non-functional grade will be the date when the officer becomes eligible i.e. when the officer completes four years of regular service in the relevant grade.|
|2.||Clarification whether Gr ‘B’ officers on deputation, on the date of their consideration for grant of NFS to be taken to be on roll or total no. of Gr. ‘B’ officers be computed excluding their names.||Officers on deputation to other departments may be granted Non functional Scale of Level-10 notionally from 08.03.2018 while the actual benefit will accrue to them on return from deputation and joining the cadre.|
|3.||Grading of APAR for allotment of higher scale of Level-11 to Gr. ‘B’ officers of Accounts Department and Level- 10 of other organised Departments.||The benchmark for grant of NFS of Level-11 to Gr. ‘B’ officers of Accounts Department and Level-10 of other organised Departments would continue to be ‘Good’.|
|4.||Whether Gr. ‘B’ officers ‘On-roll’ includes officers on deputation.||Yes. The term Gr. ‘B’ officers on-roll mentioned in Board’s letter dated 08.03.2018 also include officers who are having their lien on the Railway but are working elsewhere on deputation.|
|5.||APARs||Five years APARs are required to be considered. If any APARs is not available, the APARs of the immediately preceding year/years to that extent may be taken into account even if it pertains to non-gazetted period of service.|
|6.||Whether a senior employee can be considered for grant of NFS with his junior having already completed 4 years of service.||For consideration of officers for placement in the higher Gr. ‘B’ Scale of Level-10 (Level-11 in case of Accounts department), the senior Group ‘B’ employee shall be deemed to have rendered the service put in by his immediate junior and if that happens 4 years or more he should be considered for placement in higher Gr. ‘B’ scale of Level-10 (Level-11 in case of Accounts department).|
|7.||Extended Panel is required to be formed in lieu of officers who would be retiring during the intervening period.||Since the posts are being operated at 100% and officers are being granted the benefit from the date on which they are becoming eligible (through assessment being done on the prescribed date), formation of extended panel is not required.|
|8.||Whether service rendered in the Gr. ‘B’ in the previous unit can be considered for grant of NFS.||The issue may be decided in terms of Board’s Letter No. E(GP)2005/1/43 dated 16.12.2005.|
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of Pay on Non-Functional Upgradation – Some Illutrations
- Grant of Non-Functional Scale to Section Officers of CSS — Clarification on fixation of pay
- Amendment in Conditions for Granting of Pay Matrix Level 8 to Level 10
- 7th Pay Commission has recommended higher grade pay for Auditors.
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railway Employees
- Grant of Non Functional Scale (NFS) to Section Officers of CSS
- Proposal for introduction of a Non-Functional Scale of Pay Band -3 with Grade Pay Rs. 5400/- to the posts of Postal Superintendents after completion of 4 years of regular service -Department of Posts
- Grant of Transport Allowance @ 7000 p.m+DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000, Rs.12000 on Non-functional basis-clarification reg.
- Grant of Non-functional up-gradation to Indian Railway Medical service officers