Enhancement of pension under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme, 1980 in respect of freedom fighter and their eligible dependents-Clarification on Dearness Allowance-regarding
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
PHONES : 26174596, 26174456. 26174438
CPAO/IT&Tech/Freedom Fighter /1 (Vol-X)/2016-1 7 /238
Subject:- Enhancement of pension under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme, 1980 in respect of freedom fighter and their eligible dependents-Clarification on Dearness Allowance-regarding.
Reference is invited to OM No. CPAO/IT&Tech/Freedom Fighter/2016-17/132 dated-08.09.2016 on enhancement of pension under Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme, 1980 in respect of freedom fighters and their eligible dependents and FFR Division, Ministry of Home Affairs letter No 45/06/2016-FRP) dated 28.10.2016 (both copies enclosed) whereby the existing Dearness Relief system based on All India Consumer Price Index for Industrial workers, which was hitherto applied to freedom fighter pensioners on annual basis, was discontinued and replaced by the Dearness Relief system applicable to Central Government employees twice a year.
2. Now, FFR Division, Ministry of Home Affairs has clarified vide its letter No. 45/06/2016-FF (P) dated-09.01.2017 (copy enclosed) that 2% Dearness Allowance w.e.f. 01.07.2016 announced recently for Central Govt. pensioners and employees will not be applicable for the Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners whose pension have been revised/enhanced w.e.f. 15.08.2016 subsequent to the effective date of the 2% Dearness Allowance which is 01.07.2016. However, next Dearness Allowance due from 01.01.2017 and subsequent Wks will be applicable for the Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners.
3. Heads of CPPCs of all the banks are advised to take necessary action as per above instructions.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Related to Your Search:
- Enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme
- Cabinet gives ex post facto approval to enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters
- Family pension to freedom fighters
- Dearness Relief wef 01-08-2013 to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependants under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2019
- Embezzelement of Funds under Central Freedom Fighter Pension
- Rate of monthly pension paid by the State Government of Tamil Nadu to Freedom Fighters
- Details on Freedom Fighters Pension: Reply by Government in Lok Sabha
- Grant of another installment of Dearness Relief to the Freedom Fighters w.e.f. 01.08.2015