Clarification for booking of air-tickets on LTC – Dopt issued on 23.9.2015
G.I., Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.No.31011/5/2014-Estt (A.IV), dated 23.9.2015
Subject:- Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No.31011/4/2014-Estt.(A-IV) dated 19th June, 2014 which lays down that the Government employees are required to book the air tickets directly from the airlines (Booking counters, website of airlines) or by utilizing the service of Authorized Travel Agents viz. ‘M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company’, ‘M/s Ashok Travels & Tours’ and ‘IRCTC’ (to the extent IRCTC is authorized as per DoPT O.M. No. 31011/6/2002-Est(A) dated 02.12.2009) while undertaking LTC journey(s). Vide DoPT’s O.M. 31011/5/2014-Estt.(AIV) dated 24.09.2014, the web-portal of these authorized travel agents will also be treated as an acceptable mode for purchase of air tickets on LTC subject to the conditions stated vide Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No. 19024/1/2012-E-IV dated 5thSeptember, 2014.
2. It has been observed that various Ministries/Departments continue to send references to DoPT seeking relaxation regarding the booking of air tickets for the purpose of LTC from the travel agents not authorised by the aforesaid O.M.. In most of the cases, the common reason stated by the LTC beneficiaries is that they were not aware of the guidelines and inadvertently booked the tickets from other travel agents.
3. All the Ministries/ Departments are advised to ensure a wide circulation of the guidelines as stated in para 1 of this O.M.. This point may also be emphasized by the Administration whenever any advance is sought or intention to avail LTC is conveyed by the Government servant.
Related to Your Search:
- Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- Clarification issued by Dopt
- Clarification regarding purchase of Air Tickets from Authorized Travel Agents for the purpose of LTC – Dopt Orders June 2014
- DoPT: Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC
- Finmin Orders 2013: Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours / Leave Travel Concession (LTC) – reg.
- DoPT: Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- compliance of instructions regarding
- Clarification on purchase of Air Tickets from unauthorized agents for non- entitled officials to travel by air
- CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988— Relaxation for travel by air to visit Jammu & Kashmir
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tour-Purchase of Air Ticket from authorized agents – Railways
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Tours/LTC: DoE instructions to CBDT