Charging higher fares in Premium Tatkal tickets
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-3119
Premium Tatkal tickets
3119 . SHRI SANJAY RAUT
(a) whether under the new policy and rules of Government, train passengers are being looted by charging higher fares in the name of premium Tatkal tickets, whereas several trains are running with vacant seats; and
(b) if so, the reasons for such kind of injustice with passengers?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(SHRI MANOJ SINHA)
(a)&(b): In order to improve the earnings from passenger services, w.e.f. 01.10.2014, in some of the selected trains by Zonal Railways which are most in demand, 50% of the existing accommodation under Tatkal Quota has been earmarked as Premium Tatkal Quota and is being booked on dynamic pricing.
This is a distance-slab based fare scheme where the fare increases by 20% after each slab of 10% berths are sold subject to a cap (maximum fare chargeable).
Tatkal is a facility over and above the normal booking of reserved seats/berths.
Related to Your Search:
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- Flexi fare in Premium Trains
- Reduction of Defence – Tatkal – Female and Senior Citizens quotas in trains
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Indian Railways announced on Tuesday an increase in ticket price across its network from 1 January 2020
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification orders issued by DoPT on 27.1.2015
- New ticket confirmation process in Railways
- Reservation Time Changed for Tatkal Booking – 50% Refund for Cancellation