Changes In Tatkal Booking System and Waitlist System in Indian Railways
Following changes have been made in recent past, in Tatkal scheme & waiting list system in general reservation:-
(i) With effect from 15.06.2015, timings of booking of Tatkal accommodation in Air-conditioned and non-Air-conditioned classes were staggered to 1000 hours and 1100 hours respectively on the previous day of journey from train originating station.
(ii) With effect from 25.12.2015, minimum and maximum Tatkal charges were revised.
(iii) Instructions have been issued to Zonal Railways to fix Tatkal quota upto a maximum of 30% of capacity of coach depending on the utilization of this quota during the last six month period. Instructions have also been issued to review this quota preferably twice a year.
(iv) With effect from 07.10.2015, the ratio of updation of Tatkal waiting list against cancellation of confirmed general accommodation, which was earlier 1:1, has been revised to 1 (General) : 2 (Tatkal).
(v) For waiting list limit in general reservation, although no change has been made in current waiting list limit, instructions have been issued to zonal Railways to define adequate waiting list limit so that no inconvenience is caused to the passengers in obtaining waiting list tickets against Pooled quota and remote quota.
This Press Release is based on information given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Communications and Minister of State for Railways in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on 22.07.2016 (Friday).
Related to Your Search:
- Charging higher fares in Premium Tatkal tickets
- Railway Tatkal booking charges increased
- Tatkal bookings’ charges increased from December 25
- Ministry of Railways Decides to Introduce Tatkal Scheme in Passenger Trains
- Reduction of Defence – Tatkal – Female and Senior Citizens quotas in trains
- Revision of Tatkal Charges for Train Journeys to be Effective From 1stApril 2013 Onwards
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota