Change in staffing pattern of Assistant Station Mater, GP Rs.2800/- consequent to upgradation of post with that of Station Master, GP Rs.4200/- in view of 7th CPC recommendations.
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Change in staffing pattern of Assistant Station Mater, GP Rs.2800/- consequent to upgradation of post with that of Station Master, GP Rs.4200/- in view of 7th CPC recommendations – reg.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No.E(NG)I-2016/PM1/12 dated 24/01/2017 addressed to GS/NFIR.
With reference to Railway Board’s proposal, the Federation conveys its views as under:-
1. Railway Board’s Proposal:
Station Master (erstwhile PB-2 Rs.9300-34800, GP Rs.4200)
60% + Shortfall against LDCE by DR (Selection).
15% + shortfall against General Selection by LDCE from amongst serving regular non-ministerial Group “C” Employees of operating and Commercial Departments with a minimum of three years of aggregate regular service, working in (GP Rs.1900 to GP Rs.2800), i.e. Rs. 19900-Rs.63200 (Level 2) to Rs.29200 – Rs.92300 (Level 5), upto 45 years of age (50 years in case of SC/ST) and having the qualification of graduation (Selection).
25% by General Selection from amongst employees possessing the qualification of Matriculation and working as Shunting Jamadars, Shunting Masters, Cabinmen-I, Switchmen, Sr.Signallers and Train clerks all (GP Rs.1900), i.e.Rs.19900-Rs.63200 (Level 2) with age limit of 45 years (50 years for SC/ST) (General Selection).
(a) The DR Quota should be not more than 50% + shortfall against LDCE if any.
(b) LDCE Quota should be 15% + Shortfall if any from out of Promotion Quota to be filled from amongst serving regular non-ministerial Group “C” employees of operating and commercial Department with a minimum of two years of aggregate regular service (RBE No.38/2017) working in (GP Rs.1900 to GP Rs.2800), i.e. Rs.19900 -Rs.63200 (Level 2) to Rs.29200 – Rs.92300 (Level 5), upto 52 years of age and having the qualification of graduation. In case of non-availability of adequate number of candidates from 6th CPC GP 1900/- to 2800/-. opportunity be thrown open to those Operating/Commercial Staff in GP 1800/Level 1. The LDCE should be conducted regularly (atleast annually) in view of age limit being imposed.
(c) 35% vacancies should be filled by selection from amongst those possessing qualification of Matriculation and working as Shunting Jamadars, Shunting Master, Cabinmen-I, Points Men, Switchmen, Sr.Signallers and Train clerks (GP Rs.1900), Rs.19900-Rs.63200 (Level 2). THe age limit in all cases should be prescribed as 55 years. The panel should be drawn in the order of seniority. Opportunity be given to those in GP 1800/- also in case higher Grade Pay Staff are not available.
2. Board’s Proposal:
Station Superintendent (erstwhile PB-2, Rs,9300-34800, GP Rs.4600)
100% by promotion (Selection).
since the post of station Master erstwhile GP 4200/- + PB-2 has been proposed to be classified as ‘selection’ Post, the post of Station Superintendent being next higher Pay Scale i.e GP 4600/- + PB-2 needs to be classified as ‘Non-Selection’.
Federation also proposes that a meeting may be convened for discussion on Board’s proposal and Federation’s views for attempting to reach consensus.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC recommends higher grade pay for Assistant Station Master (ASM) after upgradation of ASM to SM. ASM post to be abolished
- 7th pay commission recommendations For Station Masters in Indian Railways
- RBE No. 177/2018: Modification in the AVC for promotion to Goods Guards in GP Rs.2800 (Level-5)
- Restructuring of Group ‘C’ Staff of Transportation Traffic and (Power) Department
- AIRF proposed pay scales for all categories of Railway Employees for 7th Pay Commission
- Financial upgradation to Section Controllers ignoring the promotion from the post of Station Master (GP Rs. 4200/- pre revised Rs. 5000-8000) to Section Controller (PB-2, G.P Rs.4200/-/ Pre revised Rs. 5500-9000)
- Increasing promotion quota percentage for Technician-III posts in Diesel/ Electric Loco/ EMU Sheds in Indian Railways
- INDWF writes to DGOF and Chairman of OFB to grant third MACP to MCM in Ordnance Establishments
- Reckoning Grade Pay Rs.4200/- Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS to the Station Master category in Railways